Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Responses from other Mother's ........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Do any of you Mom's find other Mom's comments rude on this site too instead of helpful?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

I am new to Cafemom. I appreciate other mom's comments but I have realized there are some serious rude mother's on here. I don't mean opinionated mom's persay, I mean down right rude. I find it offensive because we are all here to guide, help and support eachother not to degrade one another. I just wanted to put that out there. I know some would say if I don't like it then don't be on here BUT, this is a free country and I am allowed to enjoy websites just like you are. :)

Peace~

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Yeah, you need to just take the good and ignore the bad.
You can't control what others post, just how you react to it. Maybe join a smaller group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
2 moms liked this

some are rude.  but that is not what surprised me the most when I first got on cm.  What surprised me is how many very odd choices moms make.  I know we all live different lives and there are regional, religious, ethnic, financial difference that play into our life choices.  But morals are pretty basic... morals should be a common denominator for moms who are responsible for raising the next generation.  I was really surprised by some of the choices moms make for themselves, their children, and their families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Honey, think of it was RL with no repercussions. If you want nice people and good advise, join a smaller group, plenty of moms on here are positive and some sense of decency. MC is full of crazes. And welcome, btw.

thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, you said you were new and this is what most new mama's say uponing joining. I think that CM needs a disclaimer. These public groups are bad when it comes to getting advice. I think it's technically just a Drama group. Then you have your bitch groups. Then you have all the actual groups that you can get advice, make friends and etc. These are usually private, and also include birth month groups. I don't know what groups you have tried thus far, but THIS group... is NOT a great group for what you seem to be looking for lol.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM

This is the same post just about every new person makes. Join other groups besides the drama groups and you'll find people who are so nasty to each other.

I use this group as entertainment, if I want to ask something serious, I got my other groups.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I find it a mix of both.  Don't take the words the people say in the computer too personally.

SageAdvice
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I try to be gracious and helpful, but there are times I am short and rude and have to go back and apologize if it's called for. I think you see in Moms on here that their replies reflect what's going on in their lives. When happy we are gracious, and when things are bad we inadvertently take it out on other posters on-line.

If I have ever offend you, I apologize.  :o)

If it's about PA & food stamps - well those that are so nasty and mean to others about it, are probably on it themselves and are trying to deflect their own feelings of shame on others.

twade26
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Welcome to CafeMom!

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

if you want a nice supportive group of women I suggest going to a smaller group.   this is confessions.   pretty known you are going to encounter rude replies. and trolls

SamNStefanMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I think that, for most of them, the attempt is at giving you advice. But due to how they word it, it comes off snarky. I definitely don't feel that is always the intention. But punctuation, capitalization, wording...it all lends to the tone of a post. And some may not realize just how rude or off-putting they do sound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)