Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am fat, and have some questions.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I have always been plus sized.  As a teen it was only by 20 or 30 pounds but now I have had two kids and gained quite a bit of weight.  I need to lose like 100 pounds to get back to my prepregnancy weight(thats when I was most comfortable with my body).  I need suggests on snacks and side dishes that are low carb.  I know carbs are my problem.  I don't eat very much junk food(like potato chips, or candy/chocolate) but I do eat way more carbs than necessary(I swear we have some form of potato or pasta with every meal) and I think mostly its just that I don't know what else to fix.  My whole family eats this way so I don't know anything else.  I would like to change that so I need some Low Carb Snack ideas(that actually taste good) and some low carb side dish ideas please.  Also, I have started using the Wii to try and be more physically active so that should help a lot too right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Anybody?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Have you asked your doctor about the HCG diet?  I did it, worked for me...I lost nearly 30 pounds in just 40 days.   It's been wonderful, my health is really much better now.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

all i can thnk of is lots of veggies in place of the potatoes.  limit corn and peas too, they are starchy. 

stephy87
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Pinterest has awesome ideas. :)
fallenstars
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Bump sorry I'm no help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM

For dinner we always have a meat(maybe chicken) usually a pasta or potato(macaroni or mashed potatoes) and a veggie(usually grean beans because thats the only one everyone will eat)  I do eat steam veggies and I love fruits but I am having a hard time saying no to the carbs because they are so amazing :(

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You should look up the cauliflower mashed potatoes. Those are pretty good. You could have those to replace the potatoes. 

Don't eat too many though, you'll get horrible gas. 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Lots of fruits and veggies

krissy920
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Uhm I have an entire board on pintrestbfor clean low carb eating.. I did the hcg diet and dropped 50 pounds and kept it off..your dr can say if its right or wrong for you if you have any qjestions you can pm me..I went froma 14 to a 7 in a few months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds good TY.  I don't care about gas if you lived with my DH you would be looking for some extra ammo yourself lol

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

You should look up the cauliflower mashed potatoes. Those are pretty good. You could have those to replace the potatoes. 

Don't eat too many though, you'll get horrible gas. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)