Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should I do for her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Dd had felt a bit warm last night when I put her to bed. But woke up in the middle of the night burning up. She was crying and fussy all night and this morning still didn't seem much better. Today DH said she played pretty well but shortly before I got him she started acting sick again. We've given her Tylenol when she starts getting real fussy. I called the doctors office to make sure they were closed and of course they were.

What could it be? She's never been sick and I hate that she's whimpering and crying. Could it be a kid ey infection or anything like that??

ETA**** last night her temp was 100.3.. Middle of the night is was 101.0. This morning was 102.6. And this evening it's been 102.1. Her fever goes down with each dose of medicine.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Could be anything. How old is she?  Does she have vomiting or diarrhea?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM
2. No vomiting no diarrhea. She said her back hurt, then her right side, and then her tummy. Other than that she has only sat quietly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

If she gets too bad, take her to the ER. A prolonged fever may be signs of something more serious. Have you tried wiping her with a cool washcloth?

AMRios
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM

It could be anything... I prefer Motrin over Tylenol... Is she pulling at her ears? 

Wicked.Jester
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Have you even bothered taking her temperature for cripes sake?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM
How long is prolonged though?? It's barely been a day and her fever breaks with the medicine.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she gets too bad, take her to the ER. A prolonged fever may be signs of something more serious. Have you tried wiping her with a cool washcloth?

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Is the fever controlled with Tylenol or Motrin?

Meaning does it go down when you give her meds? If yes, I wouldn't stress over it.

If not, she needs to be seen.
PrettyLady80253
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Alternate tylenol and motrin. Luke warm bath. Cool washcloth. Is she still eating and drinking? How old?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM
No she isn't.

Quoting AMRios:

It could be anything... I prefer Motrin over Tylenol... Is she pulling at her ears? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM
She has eaten a few crackers and a bit of her brothers sandwich earlier. She's been drinking water. 2

Quoting PrettyLady80253:Alternate tylenol and motrin. Luke warm bath. Cool washcloth. Is she still eating and drinking? How old?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN