Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong here?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Usually my mom lets me and my sister take her car when we need to do something, laundry, grocery store, stuff like that. My sister doesn't have her license so I have to be in the car so she can drive. I got paid late this past week (Monday instead of Friday) and they knew I had only a little food left last week and really needed to go as soon as I got paid plus i had nothing clean by monday for ds to wear. I tried calling my mother 4 times Monday, textd my sister and even asked my brother. No one answered me for 3 days. Finally yesterday my cousin was visiting her bf here and I saw on Facebook that she was going to Max burger so I asked her to go since we are right on her way there. She said yes so we went and picked it up and came back to my place. I textd my sister to come hangout and she said my niece was too crabby to walk (she doesn't even walk yet lol and it takes maybe 4 mins to walk here) and there are no grocery stores walking distance or busses here

Now every time my family needs anything I give it to them, just 2 weeks ago I gave them 40 for food plus paid for 1/2 my nieces carseat and sent them 2 bags of meat, Mac and cheese, spaghetti and sauce bc they had nothing. Well that left me short in the long run. I go to my parents last night after work and they sure have a fridge full of stuff but supposedly her car wasnt working. My mom gets home and starts bitching that me and ds are there. So I walk home and end up getting hit with something but thank god ds didn't. My mom texts me and says my sister was talking about me being fake and two faced bc I went to get burgers with my cousin!! I was out having fun while she was home! I'm so mad I told her don't ever bother with me again!

That was just the last straw, she always complains every time we visit about every little thing ds does, always yells at him and tbh I only go for my father, he's sick and him and ds are so close. Ds keeps asking to go there but I feel like it's wrong to keep going somewhere were both not welcome :( I feel if they wanna see us they know where we live. I truly feel bad bc he keeps crying he misses grampie. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Could all be avoided if you find your own means of transportation.

Petty shit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM
If only it were that easy then sure but I always thought it was one hand washes the other

Quoting Litlmama87:

Could all be avoided if you find your own means of transportation.

Petty shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM

You can't rely on them every time you need a ride. I get that you are helping them and that's wonderful but because they aren't there the second you need them doesn't mean you need to throw down everything you've ever done for them. She's probably out...geeze!

boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I think its petty to keep your kid away from his grandfather just because they won't take you to the store. and regardless of what you do for them, if you depend on other people for stuff, sometimes they don't come through, that's how it is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
How are people that poor that not only do you have no car to pay for but you can hardly feed yourself??? You should qualify for pa
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I'm more mad that she called me 2 faced because I went to get food with my cousin and how my mom always just yells at my son. That was just kinda like the straw that broke the camels back and they avoided me all week not just a day. I wouldn't have cared if they textd back I'm busy or something

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't rely on them every time you need a ride. I get that you are helping them and that's wonderful but because they aren't there the second you need them doesn't mean you need to throw down everything you've ever done for them. She's probably out...geeze!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
No, not keep him but stay home and if they wanna come here they know where I live, that's what I meant

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I think its petty to keep your kid away from his grandfather just because they won't take you to the store. and regardless of what you do for them, if you depend on other people for stuff, sometimes they don't come through, that's how it is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM

let it go...family drama never ends..no use wasting your energy on it :P

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm more mad that she called me 2 faced because I went to get food with my cousin and how my mom always just yells at my son. That was just kinda like the straw that broke the camels back and they avoided me all week not just a day. I wouldn't have cared if they textd back I'm busy or something

Quoting Anonymous:

Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My question is if you have no car and no food why are you giving money you DON'T HAVE to your family? Save it and get your own transportation or take a bus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Umm because the only work that I can do since I have to keep my son with me doesn't pay much

Quoting Anonymous:

How are people that poor that not only do you have no car to pay for but you can hardly feed yourself??? You should qualify for pa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)