Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong here?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Usually my mom lets me and my sister take her car when we need to do something, laundry, grocery store, stuff like that. My sister doesn't have her license so I have to be in the car so she can drive. I got paid late this past week (Monday instead of Friday) and they knew I had only a little food left last week and really needed to go as soon as I got paid plus i had nothing clean by monday for ds to wear. I tried calling my mother 4 times Monday, textd my sister and even asked my brother. No one answered me for 3 days. Finally yesterday my cousin was visiting her bf here and I saw on Facebook that she was going to Max burger so I asked her to go since we are right on her way there. She said yes so we went and picked it up and came back to my place. I textd my sister to come hangout and she said my niece was too crabby to walk (she doesn't even walk yet lol and it takes maybe 4 mins to walk here) and there are no grocery stores walking distance or busses here

Now every time my family needs anything I give it to them, just 2 weeks ago I gave them 40 for food plus paid for 1/2 my nieces carseat and sent them 2 bags of meat, Mac and cheese, spaghetti and sauce bc they had nothing. Well that left me short in the long run. I go to my parents last night after work and they sure have a fridge full of stuff but supposedly her car wasnt working. My mom gets home and starts bitching that me and ds are there. So I walk home and end up getting hit with something but thank god ds didn't. My mom texts me and says my sister was talking about me being fake and two faced bc I went to get burgers with my cousin!! I was out having fun while she was home! I'm so mad I told her don't ever bother with me again!

That was just the last straw, she always complains every time we visit about every little thing ds does, always yells at him and tbh I only go for my father, he's sick and him and ds are so close. Ds keeps asking to go there but I feel like it's wrong to keep going somewhere were both not welcome :( I feel if they wanna see us they know where we live. I truly feel bad bc he keeps crying he misses grampie. Am I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yeah that's our court order :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Did that seriously say $17 a week???? Wtf...

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I wouldn't rely on your mom (or your sister, or anyone else) to provide you with transportation. If you're an adult and you're out on your own that isn't her responsibility anymore. She doesn't HAVE to let you use her car.

I think it's great that you help them out, and I don't agree with what your mom did but, honestly, I think you need to find your own form of transportation ASAP and stop relying on others.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Dont short yourself because of your family. Make sure you and your child are taken care of first!  As for the rest of it, do what you gotta do I guess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I know she doesn't have to I guess it just kinda hurt my feelings as stupid as that sounds. My father also told me last week I could have their old car and pay 50/week since the junk price was only 200 but then she junked it on me the next day anyways bc it 'wasn't fair' to my sister since she couldn't afford to go 1/2 on it so I was already hurt about that too

Quoting KaylinC03:

I wouldn't rely on your mom (or your sister, or anyone else) to provide you with transportation. If you're an adult and you're out on your own that isn't her responsibility anymore. She doesn't HAVE to let you use her car.

I think it's great that you help them out, and I don't agree with what your mom did but, honestly, I think you need to find your own form of transportation ASAP and stop relying on others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)