Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

10 month old, solids?

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 20 Replies
My 10 month old has been so picky with solids lately. I am assuming teething or growth spurt. Mainly thinking teething, since she has no teeth yet. But for the past month or so, it seems as if she wont eat anything. I make her oatmeal with cimnamon or scrambled eggs in the mornings and she turns her head. Today I made her homemade chicken and potatos. She maybe took two bites. Baby food from the store is a no go.
The only thing she will willingly eat is mac and cheese(which I dont like to give her a lot) or gerber snacks. She will eat puffs like shes starving.
At her 9 month check up the doctor noticed that she has only gained 1 oz, since she was 5 months old. She is still at a pretty god weight(17.12) and is growing in height fine. But that is 5 months of not gaining anything.. maybe shes slowed down. She was 9 lbs at birth a week early..maybe shes just thinning out from crawling. I would like to know your thoughts?? Thanks moms. :)
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Stop pushing table foods. Formula and breast milk have more calories per ounce.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Jake is 9 months and he has been refusing a lot of solids lately too.  I think some of it is maybe getting ready for a growth spurt and some of it is recovering from bronchitis(he is almost completely over it now) I have been trying to get him back to eating some solids but it seems like all he wants is his bottle or some crackers.  He is also a fan of the puffs lol

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

this, my daughter didn't eat much in the way of table food until around 15 months

Quoting LaughCryLive:

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Mobile Photo

She just turned a year in this pic and was 13 pounds. There is more to being healthy ham weight.

Does your baby look and act healthy?
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Is that Mark Ryden?

Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Maddie is 9months and she isn't into baby food. I give her for formula, oatmeal, rice cereal, and whole wheat cereal. With a little apple or peach for flavor. I'm letting her go at her own pace.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Quoting LaughCryLive:

worstofweather
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Yes. Good eye. Love him.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

Is that Mark Ryden?

SparklePants
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:11 PM

If she likes the puffs try other cereals, I can't remember the brand but there is a great organic 'toasted O' cereal that my kids like. Try small bites of lightly buttered toast, freeze her fruit and veggies and let her eat them in a mesh bag, my son ate grapes and blueberries today doing that (he'll be 9 months next week)

SparklePants
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

When I have bananas that are a little too ripe I slice them up and put them in the freezer, for a treat for him I'll just throw a few handfuls in the food processor and it turns it into banana ice cream, great for little tethers (my son has 8 teeth, sigh...lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN