Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many of you took prescription drugs during pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Were you on prescription drugs while you were pregnant?

Options:

YES

NO

I did illegal drugs

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

I am just curious because many of them have warning labels on them about not getting preggo on some drugs.  I had a heart condition, caused by a virus when I was in my late 30s.  My doc warned me about not getting pregnant on them, and it was serious enough to affect the baby.  When I was pregnant with dd, I did not take any kind of presecription drug at all. I understand some may have to  if it is life threatening, but a comment I read on another threat got me thinking.  Could drug use(legal or not legal)be a cause of major issues/problems with our children?  I know there are way more prescription drugs now than ever before.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I was on antibiotics. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I take asthma meds. That's the only prescription I take. I'm 7 months pregnant.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I took antibiotics and some kind of pain reliever for a uti. I also took Demerol for my gall bladder. All three of my kids are healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairyjester
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I took Demerol during my last month , well what should have been my second to last month he was early
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I was put on a morphine pump in the hospital for kidney stones. Then I had a Percocet rx for treating the pain at home. Both my OB and Urologist told me it was safe to take. I had twins and they are perfectly healthy. It wasn't something I took everyday tho, just when I had a stone. I had three during my pregnancy. They are awful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iluvmypreemies
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Yes. I have a chronic illness with organ involvement. My team of doctors worked together and I was on medication that did not cross the placenta.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Yup took my thyroid meds. But it was more dangerous for my kids if I didn't take them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyslpbaby
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I took zofran for nausea 

thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I took antibiotics I believe during pregnancy?? I don't think there was anything else. But, my son did come out with problems, but they were more than likely random as it 99 percent of the time is. =/

ksueditz
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM

i took an ambien while in labor w/ dd8. otherwise, i stopped taking all meds, except tylenol, during pregnancy. even when i had a tooth pulled, i didn't take prescription pain meds. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)