Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My damn mother really did it this time

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 96 Replies
At the risk if the bashers on here, I must vent.

Everybodys family isn't perfect, but I try to get mine to keep the peace as much as possible.

My mother was staying with us for 3 months. No pay.
Well, because she's my mother and I'm sick so she helped out with my son.

So yesterday she moved out. She asked DF for $50 to help her get back on her feet (she does get partial unemployment). He gave her $20 on Sunday, and my grandmother gave her $20 yesterday. He Western Unioned $30 today and she was pissed.

She claimed he said he would give her $75. We don't have that to give. So, she asked if he could give her $20 more. I told her no.
She just acted so ungrateful. So she called my grandparents, they Money Grammed it to her, still not satisfied because it wasn't western union. My grandmother's car just stopped working yesterday, my mom knew this and still asked for money.

I told her never to ask me for shit else. No response.
And my df is upset because he thinks she thinks he shorted her money when she only asked for $50 in the beginning.

Disclaimer:
If you don't like me and have your opinions about me, that's fine. But I'm venting and I really don't want any disrespectful comments. Thank you.
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM
BUMP
Fabiouslyfit
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:12 PM
We have the same kind of mother. I'm sorry
couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Thank you.
I'm sorry too (for your situation)
It sucks because I just don't understand why she is this way.
I'm her daughter, I'm already going through a rough time and she does this.

Quoting Fabiouslyfit:

strawberryLVR
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this

not sure why SHE thinks the whole world owes her something. sorry! Money isn't usually an income problem it's a person problem. She is what we call "playing the victim" I am a youth motivational speaker and I based my entire program around this victim mentality that is like an epidemic. why didin't she find a way yo make her own $ before she left?

imakehimscream
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I'm sorry. A month ago my dad gave me 8 dollars to get something to eat. My mom was pissed that he gave me money. It was only 8 dollars. She started yelling you will give her money but wont give me any. I was like wtf and I left. Her # is no longer in my phone
Fabiouslyfit
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I stopped all contact with my mother. If someone wants to cause harm to your family they shouldn't be in your life.

I let my mother say with me when I was 6 months. She decided to be selfish and mean. We told her to leave and she flipped out and punched my husband and told the cop to take my child away. That was 3 years ago and I haven't talked to her since.

Quoting couture-mommy:

Thank you.

I'm sorry too (for your situation)

It sucks because I just don't understand why she is this way.

I'm her daughter, I'm already going through a rough time and she does this.

Quoting Fabiouslyfit:

loreleismama
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I have the same kind of mother too. The only time i hear from my mom is when she needs money. Then she tries to tell me that i owe it to her. Its hard not to feel guilty even though i know she is in the wrong. Stay strong & good luck!
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I never ever loan money to anyone (family included) and expect it to be paid back...ever. 

Sorry your mom is so ungrateful....smdh

tifferie
by A$$tastic on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:21 PM
My dh's mom is this way. He tried to be nice and help but she blew it all for pills. She actually lost her nursing license. Now her landlord is looking for her. Apparently he can't find her to serve her eviction papers. We have cut her off. She is not even allowed to talk to my children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
9 moms liked this

To all you young ladies on here with the crap for moms. I'm sorry and would like to send all of you a hug. You see my mom was and is a great mom and I've tried to follow in her footsteps. I have 6 kids all grown and we're very close. You all sound like stong women and moms. Keep up the good work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured