Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDIT....He hit my ds and left welts...FURIOUS!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
1 mom liked this
We went to my parents today to spend some time with them. Well they were watching my niece (3). My ds and niece were playing in the kiddie pool splashing each other etc well my ds got a little rough and jumped on my nieces back trying to dunk her. I told him to stop an he didn't listen at this point my dad stood up grabbed him by his arm and spanked his wet butt way to hard he started screaming and squirming an before I got a chance to say or do anything he spanked him again but missed his butt and got his back!! I picked my ds up put him in the car and came home!!!

I am so FN pissed I dont even know what to do or say. I know my ds was wrong and should have been taken out of the pool and put in time out but before i got a chance to do anything my dad decides to do what he did and went WAY to far! oh and 4 hours later his back is still has red whelps!! I am so mad I don't even know what to do or say to him!!

UPDATE...
Ok like I said my ds was in the wrong!!! He was also disciplined by me. He is grounded from everything including fireworks tonight. He is 4 my niece is 3 and he is actually smaller than my niece. They were both being rough in the pool and yes my ds shouldn't have jumped on her back trying to dunk her. She never got dunked in the water it was literally seconds from the time he got in her back, I said get off and my dad jumped up and hit him!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
How awful.

Btw, it's "welts", not whelps.
KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be livid. How old is your son?

Honestly I probably wouldn't be talking to my dad for a long time if it were me.
Owl_Feather
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

don't take your children over there ever again. poor baby :( how is he doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
TY Changing now I know someone will try and bash me for it

Quoting Anonymous:

How awful.

Btw, it's "welts", not whelps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
11 moms liked this
So your kid was trying to drown another kid and you're pissed because your father took care of it when you didn't?
strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
That sucks poor kid:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd call the cops, but I hate my dad
cmfarm
by Bronze Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be really mad too. Since you where right there he should let you discipline him.

periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
4 moms liked this

I would be upset as well, but he could have seriously hurt her in the time it took you to get to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured