Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So my family and I went to the beach to watch some fireworks tonight. We of course got there early to reserve our spots and play in the sand a bit before the show. At around 8:00 a naked boy ran by us, no older than 3 maybe 2. Now the child had no parents around him and looked really scared like a lost child would look like. When he finally stopped running I was a considerable distance away from him, now the people who were by him instead of helping started laughing and taking pictures with their iPhones. Not one person went to go help the child. I finally got up walked all the way over there to go help him.

I picked him up and walked him down the beach to go searching for his parents. I ended up walking at least a half of a mile before I came in contact with the dad. Of course he was relieved to have found his son and he thanked me on and on etc. but he wasn't worried at all, he barely noticed that he left. The thing that I don't understand is why nobody bothered to stop and ask him where his parents were. I also don't get how a child that small could run 1/2 mile away. And I still don't get why he was naked. This was all just a dangerous situation that noone seemed to care about

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
ali840
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM

That's horrible! Poor baby :( I definitely would have stopped to help! It never would have occured to me to take pictures, that is just awful.

ajdahd13
by Platinum Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Wow. People are just awful anymore. Smh.
daisybaby91
by lipstick on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Wow. Poor kid :(
nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM

That is so sad and rediculous on the "dads" part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM

I would have notified an officer.  People like that should be in jail.  Keep an eye on your kids.

GhettoKoolAide
by Nuggy's Cult Mistres on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I live in indianapolis and feel that we only have one cop lol.

Anyway my son can strip naked in 1.2 seconds so the naked thing doesn't bother me its how far away he was from his parents.

Quoting BradysMommy887:

This is Indiana the town's only cop was occupied.

Quoting BraydensMama163:

I would have flagged an officer

debmom07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
God bless you. I'm glad you were there.
besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I bet if that poor baby was hurt and ended up in the news, they'd care (including the ones taking pictures). I think society is too desensitized.

marihla
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM

UnbeLIEVable.

Mommabird123
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I've known plenty of  kids that age that like to strip so his nakedness doesn't bother me.  How long does it take a kid that size to get half a mile away and why didn't t they miss him during that time? A baby on the beach could drown in a heartbeat.  There was something seriously wrong there....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured