Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did anyone else have homemade cloths as a kid?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM
  • 73 Replies

The clothes are home made complete with bloomers! This picture was taken in 1998.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:18 AM

Nope. 

jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:20 AM
My grandmother made them for me but I never wore them in public
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM

I had a few special dresses made by my grandmother and my aunt, they werent really anything like that though with hats etc, I was born and raised in Australia though, totally different styles.....

CrossStitchMum
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! Mum made most of our clothes (even swimming togs and school skirts) and when I was in high school I sewed my own church dresses
Tea4Tas
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Yes,  But my Mom is very talented. She made pants and blazers and stuff like that along with dresses.  The ET costume she made one year for halloween was amazing (as was the sandshrew costume she made for my son when he was 5 or so)

Now she quilts.  She has won a few blue ribbons.  This is Lady Godiva-made for me for Valentines day.

The border is all chocolates.

The border

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Uh not like THAT! And I was 17 in 1998.

I did have homemade clothes, but they were sundresses and shorts and tees. Then when we outgrew those they were made into quilts.
IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM
No. I make a lot of my kids clothes.
Walker88
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Do you have any other quilts now? That seems like a great way to re-purpose clothes!

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Uh not like THAT! And I was 17 in 1998.

I did have homemade clothes, but they were sundresses and shorts and tees. Then when we outgrew those they were made into quilts.

Walker88
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM

That is amazing! She is indeed very talented.

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Yes,  But my Mom is very talented. She made pants and blazers and stuff like that along with dresses.  The ET costume she made one year for halloween was amazing (as was the sandshrew costume she made for my son when he was 5 or so)

Now she quilts.  She has won a few blue ribbons.  This is Lady Godiva-made for me for Valentines day.

The border is all chocolates.

The border

Walker88
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM

I don't think the clothes my mom made were in style when she made them *anywhere*. No one I knew dressed like my family.

Quoting Princess_s21:

I had a few special dresses made by my grandmother and my aunt, they werent really anything like that though with hats etc, I was born and raised in Australia though, totally different styles.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)