Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did anyone else have homemade cloths as a kid?

Posted by   + Show Post

The clothes are home made complete with bloomers! This picture was taken in 1998.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
kiriis
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM

My grandmother use to make me dresses.

ria7
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Really cute!! You are talented! I wish I could sew like that

Quoting IFartGlitter:

I have a few I'll share, but I don't want any childbashing. If that shit starts (AGAIN), I will delete. So look fast!! 

Here's what I found real quick that I've photographed: 

These aprons: 

This dress: 

This goofy little nightgown (she grew into it! LOL) : 

These halloween costumes (princess and alien-- per request): 

This jersey shift nightie: 

This whole outfit: 

I've also made a TON of pants and shorts for him, some PJ sets for her, a dress for me, a handful of skirts for myself, a few pairs of palazzo pants for myself, t-shirts and sweaters for both of them. 

Quoting Walker88:

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see if you are willing to share?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

No. I make a lot of my kids clothes.

ShadowKitten
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My mom is an amazing seamstress. She made my sisters and I a bunch of clothes growing up. She also made my wedding dress. Then she used the scraps and made my DD's blessing dress. She made all of my prom dresses. She made my sister's wedding dress in less than 48 hours from start to finish and it was amazing. She also makes dolls and toys, pillows, she can sew just about anything. She still makes clothes for me sometimes, she's always making clothes for DD, my neice, and nephews. I loved my homemade clothes because it was always hard to find store bought clothes that fit me right and my homemade clothes always fit me right because they were made for me!

belindah
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

My grandmother made me some dresses and outfits, but she is very talented and nothing look liked that.

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Wow...I grandmother used to make us clothes but not like that. She made baby clothes and dresses sometimes and blankets and sich. She made a cow girl outfit for my little girl when she was six months old. She made her a pink leather vest and matching pink chaps and a white shirt. She bought her a pair of jeans, pink boots, and a pink cowgirl hat. It was just cute and hell!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Im soooo stll learning!!

Quoting ria7:

Really cute!! You are talented! I wish I could sew like that

Quoting IFartGlitter:

I have a few I'll share, but I don't want any childbashing. If that shit starts (AGAIN), I will delete. So look fast!! 

Here's what I found real quick that I've photographed: 

These aprons: 

This dress: 

This goofy little nightgown (she grew into it! LOL) : 

These halloween costumes (princess and alien-- per request): 

This jersey shift nightie: 

This whole outfit: 

I've also made a TON of pants and shorts for him, some PJ sets for her, a dress for me, a handful of skirts for myself, a few pairs of palazzo pants for myself, t-shirts and sweaters for both of them. 

Quoting Walker88:

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see if you are willing to share?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

No. I make a lot of my kids clothes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yes, I had and I hated them. While my schoolmates were wearing Levi`s and Puma I wore those pathetic dresses made by my mom, because she couldn`t afford to buy anything else. I felt the greatest shame in my life the first day I appeared in scool with the coat she did for me from patches, I looked like a scarecrow 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Sure, and hand-me-downs, too.  We could afford new clothes, but why?  My aunt was a seamstress who had her own small shop and could make anything.  She taught us how to as well. 

mom2boys664
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM
My mom made us matching sundresses and nightgowns when I was a kid- I only have boys so I really have no need to make clothes for them. I have made myself a few special occasion dresses and made some curtains etc
aidensmom0407
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

yup.  My mom made my clothes and my dad made a lot of our furniture growing up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)