Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did anyone else have homemade cloths as a kid?

Posted by   + Show Post

The clothes are home made complete with bloomers! This picture was taken in 1998.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Replies (31-40):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I did. The women in my family are all beautiful seamstresses. My mother made all sorts of business suits for herself and she made my prom dresses. They didn't look homemade though. Everyone thought I had my dress designed for me and bugged me for the contact info lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Only for special occasions.

I do buy my girls handmade dresses and all three children have handmade Halloween costumes. Love to learn how to sew.

Benjamins-mama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

my mom made a few outfits i wore as a baby and my grandmother made some outfits for me when I was in elementary school.  she actually made matching ones with different color tops for my friends as well. lol

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Yep, I had quite a few, as did my siblings. My mom has some pretty good sewing skills though. She made my wedding dress and then made my sister's dress later that same year.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Only dresses for special occasions. I make some of mine and the kids diapers.
AMRios
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

OMG... 1998??? No way you dressed like that then... I remember 1998!! LOL... My kids wear home made clothes but now they are called customs... :) They look nothing like that though... I buy them from people who make them at home... 

ssassys
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You bet. My sister and I thought it was terrific!  Whenever we wanted a new skirt in the latest style Mom would just whip one out. 

AMCMSM
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM
As a child yes. My grandma was a seamstress and great grandma was a milliner.
lucille.bluth
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My grandma made dress up clothes for me. I'm sure she made some of my baby clothes too. I don't ever remember wearing actual clothes that anyone made. 

sunnyfaery
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Yes my mom made clothes for us until I learned to sew. My alteration skills surpassed her's before I was out of high school thanks to bring overly top heavy. I make clothes for my children and all of them love the clothes. I am currently teaching my dd how to sew starting with some night gowns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)