Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did anyone else have homemade cloths as a kid?

Posted by   + Show Post

The clothes are home made complete with bloomers! This picture was taken in 1998.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Replies (41-50):
Walker88
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Homemade costumes are almost always better imo

Quoting sampson200:

All of our halloween costumes were handmade. I never wore a store-bought costume.

Mom also sewed many of our Sunday dresses.

Because of her, I love to sew and still do weekly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I did and was laughed at too.  Now, handmade clothes are pretty popular.  Odd....

Walker88
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

It was around 1998 give or take a year. My mom had a weird baby doll obsession that bleed over into the clothes she made. Somewhere there is a different picture with similar style clothes but make-up to add to the doll look. 

Quoting Superlaura328:

Nah, my mom made me a few things when I was really young, but 99% of my clothes were storebought (many at the thrift store, though lol). 

I did have a dress very similar to what is depicted.... in like 1989, lol. My mom didn't make it, but somebody did (maybe my aunt or grandma, I don't remember). 

Was that really 1998?? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM
My grandma made me clothes when I was a baby/toddler.
Walker88
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL my family was "that weird family". NO ONE dressed like my mom dressed us.

Quoting AMRios:

OMG... 1998??? No way you dressed like that then... I remember 1998!! LOL... My kids wear home made clothes but now they are called customs... :) They look nothing like that though... I buy them from people who make them at home... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM

My grandmother had made clothes for us grand kids a few time. Think my sisters and older cousins got more than me, since there was a many year span between them and my birth. LOL.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh lord, nothing as terrible as what is posted in the OP! My mother made several dresses for my sisters and I and they came out very cute. Ugh, those are horrible prints and hats in the above picture. 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

When I was younger. She was very talented. 

kdgord
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM
yeah, my aunt made dresses for my cousins and then I would get them handed down. I didn't really like them but had to wear them some so they were worn only to church a few times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Yes, actually, but they were nothing like that! LOL! I had my mother make my clothes in high school. She even made my wedding dress. There is homemade and then there is....homemade. Woah! Here is something I made, for example:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)