Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

BIG BROTHER RACISM MESS

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM
  • 23 Replies
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-racism-ginamarie-fired-job_n_3542988.html?ref=topbar

Big Brother contestants and their racist rants , what do you think the game should do? Do you think they should have aired the footage? Do you think the contestants realize how much trouble they are in?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that kind of talk is obnoxious but why should they be in trouble? Free speech?

Love060708kids
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I haven't watched it this year.  What the hell is up with all the racism now?  Paula Deen, Big Brother contestants...who is going to be next?  ;)

ETC: racism being the big deal now within the media.  I guess social networking?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:27 AM
I think the show was so obsessed with finding outrageous characters that they forgot they are unpredictable people, too.

They could shut down the 24 hour live feed and do some serious editing like any other show. And next time you know not cast overtly racist house guests LOL
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Love060708kids:

I haven't watched it this year.  What the hell is up with all the racism now?  Paula Deen, Big Brother contestants...who is going to be next?  ;)

ETC: racism being the big deal now within the media.  I guess social networking?

Difference is Paula Deans was 30 years ago these kids are still doing it.
momaof8
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Quoting VinVanMom:

I think that kind of talk is obnoxious but why should they be in trouble? Free speech?

It is televised so sponsors are involved. Two of the contestants lost their jobs in the real world, but wont know it for months.
AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM
No, only one instance was that long ago.

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting Love060708kids:

Difference is Paula Deans was 30 years ago these kids are still doing it.

VinVanMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Yes some consequences. But like Paula Dean some will support them. I believe I heard that her book sales are doing very well. 

Quoting momaof8:

Quoting VinVanMom:

It is televised so sponsors are involved. Two of the contestants lost their jobs in the real world, but wont know it for months.

VinhThiMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Wow, that's crazy. They don't even know they've lost their jobs yet!

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Really unwise of them to talk about. I wish they would air it.
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Quoting VinVanMom:

Well... Ask Paula Deen, lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)