Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Telling SOs father???? scared ( why he doesn't like me is added)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

A little back story, his dad would have an issue if he knew we were dating.  My kids dad already had a hissy fit about it because he is who I left him for years ago, I tried again with my sons dad, but then ultimately here I am back with who I actually want to be with.  His dad thinks he wrecked my relationship with my ex, but really, his dad doesn't know I broke up with him for a while before I got with his son, so anyway, long story short, his dad doesn't know we have been together nearly a year.  He's mustering up the courage to tell him because I won't let us move forward until he does. He wants to move together but, no, not letting it happen until his dad is okay with it.   or at least aware .

We've been officially together about a year, but prior to that all of this drama where I left my ex and then went to him happened near 3 years ago.  We just never forgot about each other, waited and waited and waited.  Something in this world brought us back to each other and it's been great.

Not saying we're perfect, like one of those couples who never argue or get on each others nerves, but this is the biggest road block

Im afraid of his dad or I would say LETS go tell him, because he thinks what I told you above so his view on me isn't great.

Long story short part included:::

I have known him and his dad for a long time. He used to date a close family friend.  Before I even hung out with SO I used to double date with my god mother and him, with me and my ex.  My ex and I had a baby.  When I got pregnant ex started being abusive so I left him when he sent me to the hospital when my son was only 6 weeks. He does not know those details but that is what happened.  So he thinks that his son made me leave him because back before and even while I was pregnant my god mom would tell me that his dad would tell him that he knew how he was looking at me and that better quit because he doesn't want his son to be a homewrecker.  His dad even came to my babyshower and evrything, I mean, we were close/ 

so it all boils down to is he thinks his son is a homewrecker, but he just doesn't know the whole story.  And I imagine he views me as kind of a bad woman for leaving my sons dad as well./

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
4 moms liked this
It would be a cold day in hell that I let anyone's father prevent me from moving on with my life. His opinion means shit so why doesn't your boyfriend see that?
Grnyann65
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I don't know.....how old are you? Old enough to make your own decisions? Dad  may NEVER accept you. Are you going to let that stop you from being with who you want to be with? Are he and his father close?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Why does your SO give a fuck about what his daddy thinks? Is he 12 yrs old???
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

EXTREMLY close

We decided not to let his dad affect us to the point that we don't move forward eventually, but I can tell he doesn't like lying, or hiding.

His dad pretty much knows about me because we aren't the best at hiding our interractions.  But to this point he is only suspicious.  We'd basically just be confirming his suspicious and in the process telling him we hid something from him for a year.

And if you count all of the time SO was trying to get me back, 2 years.

Quoting Grnyann65:

Oh, I don't know.....how old are you? Old enough to make your own decisions? Dad  may NEVER accept you. Are you going to let that stop you from being with who you want to be with? Are he and his father close?

Anonandon
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Why does he need his dad's approval?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

They are just really close

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does your SO give a fuck about what his daddy thinks? Is he 12 yrs old???

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
His father has zero say in his life or your life. It sounds like a very unhealthy relationship between him and his father.

Quoting Anonymous:

EXTREMLY close

We decided not to let his dad affect us to the point that we don't move forward eventually, but I can tell he doesn't like lying, or hiding.

His dad pretty much knows about me because we aren't the best at hiding our interractions.  But to this point he is only suspicious.  We'd basically just be confirming his suspicious and in the process telling him we hid something from him for a year.

And if you count all of the time SO was trying to get me back, 2 years.

Quoting Grnyann65:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I need it in a way and he does too

I said in PP response, he is really close to his dad

Quoting Anonandon:

ajohnson08099
by *Lyssa Lou* on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I get the family tging. But I'm surprised your SO hasn't manned up before now. That says more to me than SOs dad having w problem!

My family despises DH... however its my life. I hate hurting my family. But they don't live my life ido.

Id be more worriex about your SO hiding you... for a year. Geeze
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
You are never going to get his approval he sounds like a douche. You're both adults now and his dad needs to get over it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I need it in a way and he does too

I said in PP response, he is really close to his dad

Quoting Anonandon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)