Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your kids cuss when singing along to songs? EDIT ADDED

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
  • 306 Replies
4 moms liked this

Just curious?

yes I do, daughter is 9. Son is 20 and he cusses when not singing too, lol!

i dont listen to songs that say fuck, cunt etc.... I was more talking about hell and I don't care when daughter sings along to the song bitch by Meredith brooks.

oh and daughter knows most of the beastie boys songs on the licensed to ill album which I a, sure has plenty of cuss words, just can't think of,them right now. 

Edit: I think a lot of you want to jump to conclusions or just to argue. Many of you replied that you don't listen to TRASH music or music with VULGAR or EXPLICIT lyrics. That is not at all what I was talking about. We listen to the RADIO. I don't buy cd's or load music on my phone at all. I have the beasties boys cd that is it as far as purchased music.  RADIO STATIONS SET TO TWO COUNTRY, TWO TO POP AND ONE OLDIES. and yes daughter listens to the old Miley Cyrus, Selena stuff that kids listen to.

so for those of you that feel better about yourself for blowing things out of proportion and bashing etcmdo you want a ribbon or a trophy? 

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
18 moms liked this

We don't listen to trash music in my house so that's never ever going to be a problem. I don't do cursing in my household. Not for adults and most definitely not for children.

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe I should've asked if you sensor what you listen to when kids are around?

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

We don't listen to trash music in my house so that's never ever going to be a problem. I don't do cursing in my household. Not for adults and most definitely not for children.

Trash music? There are plenty of country songs that have words like hell in them

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM

No, we don't listen to music that has language like that in it.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM
7 moms liked this

Yeah!  Bonus points for stating what you do while throwing in the judge-y-bitchy comment!  Gotta love the multi-taskers!

Quoting Pink.Sunshine.:

ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No, we don't listen to music that has language like that in it.

What type,of music do you,listen to?

inspain
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
7 moms liked this

Oh, and yeah, my kid is allowed to use all the words in the English language, including the spicy ones, in context and at the appropriate time and place.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My kids don't know any cuss word songs ( they are almost 5 and 2 ) 

t1gger143
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't make a big deal out of cursing. They know the difference between a bad word and a good word and that bad words are meant for adults. If one slips oh well.
ROBIN-C
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
3 moms liked this

For example the is a,country song that says "what the hell was I thinking" no I am not going to get upset over daughter singing that. 

She doesn't cuss when talking....yet. I am sure the day will,come as I am not a good example. Im Trashy like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)