Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

" thinking positive" is bulls***.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

it does nothing. some people are just dealt a shitty hand, and it isnt going to change by being positive. people wanting change, and trying so hard, just to be repeatedly nocked down. at this point thinking positive is as pointless as praying. you can do it all day every day and it doesnt happen. nothing changes. things get worse. but oh, then theres the classic " you have to be patient!'

6 months aint patient enough? a year? years?

of unchanging bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
rosie211
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Ditto.

Quoting PinkHart:

I personally disagree through experience.

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Sometimes it is the only thing you have left to hold on to...been there. 

HairClipQueen
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Shitty tude shitty out come.. positive tude positive outcome. :)

glitterrain
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

i HATE when people fricken say that, "you need to think positive" guess what? i have and guess what? i only ended up more disappointed than if i expected the worst! its nohting but false hope and people get SO MAD at me bc im so negitive, well i wonder why!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I think then you have to try even harder. You have to broaden your search. You have to take the crap jobs, the shit paying jobs, the jobs that no one wants. I'm not saying you aren't trying hard, I'm saying that you have to try harder. There is ALWAYS a way. It might not be a good way, or a fun way, or a way that lets you see your kids every day. It will probably be tiring and sucky BUT a year of that and you will be turning your life around.

Quoting Anonymous:

what if you are literally doing everything you can. jobs wont call you back, ect. what if NOTHING is happening and you are trying your ass off?

Quoting mem82:

You have got to do something to change your life. Sometimes, bad luck happens, and sometimes we just make bad choices. The more you make good choices, the less bad luck can knock you down.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree.

But you can't just WAIT for change.. you have to actually make changes..

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think believing something is going to change because you think positively is wrong. Thinking positively, or changing your perspective, is the key to being happy regardless of all the shit. You still have shit. You just think about it differently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it annoys enough people to make it worth it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:42 PM

everyone keeps saying that. but saying " maybe today is the day! maybe ONE of the places ive applied at this week will call me back!"

and then nothing happens. and the next day. and the next day. over and over. apply- deny. apply- deny. apply- deny.

Quoting IandLoveandYou:

I disagree.

But you can't just WAIT for change.. you have to actually make changes..

beinghuman
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I get knocked down but I get up again. (sorry) Anywho.....Attitude really is everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)