Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Assuming that abortion is a sin (a Christian post)

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 93 Replies

is it a sin to abort an ectopic pregnancy, or a pregnancy that will definitely resultt in loss of the mother's life? 

Of course, this question only applies if you already feel that abortion in itself is a sin. 

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

YES. 

I only care about fetuses. I don't care about actual living independently from their host humans. 

kiriis
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Idk. The only person I know who was faced with the option to abort or die chose to die. The baby was fine though.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Yes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you kidding me? My mom kept an ectopic pregnancy and almost died. Her tube burst and she had massive internal bleeding. That is freaking stupid.
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
1 mom liked this
It is not a sin to terminate a preg if the mothers life is at risk. That is the only exception
According to catholic teachings
vvinkyloafer
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this
You know what I don't understand?

We're all born full of sin. All sin is frowned upon. Therefore, we are frowned upon no matter what we do.

I wouldn't think it'd matter if someone had an abortion or not as it is no more a sin than lying about your phone number to a gross dude.*

*Of course, this will probably be compared to murder or rape. Those are obviously illegal, as abortion is not. Don't even.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM

There is no possible scenario in which an ectopic pregnancy can survive.  So by what twisted logic should the mother die also, when it will not save the fetus?  It's not something the mother can control, so she should really die rather than terminate an ectopic pregnancy?

IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
How is it stupid when I did not even state my opinion?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you kidding me? My mom kept an ectopic pregnancy and almost died. Her tube burst and she had massive internal bleeding. That is freaking stupid.

IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Well, according to the catholic church there are mortal.sins and venial sins. The mortal sins are supposed to be.more serious.

Quoting vvinkyloafer:

You know what I don't understand?

We're all born full of sin. All sin is frowned upon. Therefore, we are frowned upon no matter what we do.

I wouldn't think it'd matter if someone had an abortion or not as it is no more a sin than lying about your phone number to a gross dude.*

*Of course, this will probably be compared to murder or rape. Those are obviously illegal, as abortion is not. Don't even.

IFartGlitter
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM
What about in other doctrines? Do they typically agree with the Catholic view?

Quoting cateringtomel:

It is not a sin to terminate a preg if the mothers life is at risk. That is the only exception

According to catholic teachings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN