Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What shows do you not allow your children to watch?

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 37 Replies

When my son gets to the t.v watching age I think there is going to be shows he can and can not watch. The shows I don't want him watching are:

1. Teletubbies

2. Spongebob

3. Family Guy

4. American Dad

5. South Park

I wouldn't even think people would let there young children watch the last 3 due to language and other factors, but I guess I'm wrong. My brother lets his son watch it and he is only 4. But to each their own.

What shows do you not let your children watch?

I am a loud laughing, crazy cuddling, million kisses, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, teen mom.

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Why teletubies?

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Spongebob, any of the Seth MacFarlane shows, Barney, Bratz shows...I'm not too picky on what my kids can and can't watch.

It stays on either Disney Jr or PBS Kids.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Is teletubbies still on TV?! My 5 year old just recently discovered them on a YouTube video and loves them.
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Caliou (or however it's spelled)
Max & Ruby
The cartoon with the kid with the 2 weird faries that always mess something up.
South Park

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Dd is two so TV time is limited to the evenings between supper and bath time. I wont let her watch calliou or Gaspard and Lisa, calliou is a total whiner and Gaspard and Lisa are overly dramatic as hell. Its like preschoolers of mom confessions.
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I just don't like him watching anything that has a lot of bleeps or scary stuff. He's 2 1/2 and I let him watch whatever we do. Again, aside from anything too scary or violent or too crude language.
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I don't believe they will teach my kids anything use full. Especially on the language front. They say things like Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La, and Po.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why teletubies?

I am a loud laughing, crazy cuddling, million kisses, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, teen mom.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Never censored, still don't they are 16 and 19.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM

They will teach him about laughter. Don't over think everything you will give yourself a complex.

Quoting Samantha.Stetka:

I don't believe they will teach my kids anything use full. Especially on the language front. They say things like Tinky Winky, Dipsy, La La, and Po.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why teletubies?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Samantha.Stetka
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM

That is true, but there are also plenty of other shows that can do that and teach them educational things as well.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

They will teach him about laughter. Don't over think everything you will give yourself a complex.

Quoting Samantha.Stetka:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Why teletubies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)