Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Acts of kindness

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

Please share acts of kindness that have happened to you.

Here is one of mine. Around christmas of 2011 I was in Target. I was in the hair products area and a lady came up to me. She said something told me to give you this and she put a 100 dollar bill in my hand. I was so shocked i stood there for a moment. When i opened my hand and saw what it was. I tried to find the lady but couldnt find her. I had to leave because i was crying. I had been worried because i didnt know how we would do christmas and go 6 hours away to be with my dh family for the holiday. Some of them hadnt even met my son yet. It was a big blessing that year.

Has something nice like this ever happened to you?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM

We were in a pizza place visiting some family, I had my DD with me(at the time she was 3 I think) after we were done eating a little old lady come up to DD and gave her a stuff animal and told her how awesome it was to see a small child in a crowded restuarant that behaved herself and did what she was told without throwing any fits. (She isn't perfect, just well behaved, we do have our moments just wanted to put that out there)

Also while walking through walmart we were behind a lady that was obviously having a hard time keeping her pants up as she walked and she put her hand in her pocket and pulled out a fist full of change.  She looked at it and said " I can't walk around with this and keep my pants on" so she turned around and gave it all to DD.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

awe. my dh did something like that this kid really wanted to win a prize out of a prize thing. My dh won it for him because the little kid was crying because his brother had won something and he hadnt.

Quoting theosgirl45:

We were in a pizza place visiting some family, I had my DD with me(at the time she was 3 I think) after we were done eating a little old lady come up to DD and gave her a stuff animal and told her how awesome it was to see a small child in a crowded restuarant that behaved herself and did what she was told without throwing any fits. (She isn't perfect, just well behaved, we do have our moments just wanted to put that out there)

Also while walking through walmart we were behind a lady that was obviously having a hard time keeping her pants up as she walked and she put her hand in her pocket and pulled out a fist full of change.  She looked at it and said " I can't walk around with this and keep my pants on" so she turned around and gave it all to DD.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:46 PM

A guy about my husbands age asked if it was okay that my boys had cookies. I said yes-then he proceeded to buy 3 cookies at Subway with his order and give them to us on his way out. We had stopped during a long drive to Kansas so it was a nice little break and treat :)

happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this
This might not appeal to all since it's religious, but when I was nine months pregnant with my first I was in the grocery store and an older woman came up to me and asked me about my pregnancy and if I minded if she prayed for me and my baby. I said of course, and she gave me a Cross necklace that she had made. She was just so kind and it came across as just lovely and genuine. (As an aside, on the drive home I was crossing a two lane bridge and I was in the left lane when a semi changed into my lane unexpectedly. I literally had to slam on my brakes and have no clue how I avoided an accident. All I could think of was that Cross in my purse and her saying she would pray for us). I still have the Cross six years later. :)
NorseGodessMom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

2 years ago for Christmas we wanted to get DD a tiny talking fisher price kitchen, but the bills came in we could not do it. To make it worse no one know so the rest of my family had gotten her kitchen stuff for Christmas. Like an apron and plastic food. I tried not to make a big deal out of it, but it was like oops. 4 days later there is a knock on the door, its a HUGE package from Toys R US, A Talking Dora Kitchen my jaw dropped. I looked at the delivery man and said "I think you have the wrong apt." nope it was for DD. All it said was "from Santa" (the packing slip told me it was from my moms BF but how cool!)

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

that is so sweet.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

2 years ago for Christmas we wanted to get DD a tiny talking fisher price kitchen, but the bills came in we could not do it. To make it worse no one know so the rest of my family had gotten her kitchen stuff for Christmas. Like an apron and plastic food. I tried not to make a big deal out of it, but it was like oops. 4 days later there is a knock on the door, its a HUGE package from Toys R US, A Talking Dora Kitchen my jaw dropped. I looked at the delivery man and said "I think you have the wrong apt." nope it was for DD. All it said was "from Santa" (the packing slip told me it was from my moms BF but how cool!)

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i would have kept the cross too. That is such a beautiful story.

Quoting happymama2D:

This might not appeal to all since it's religious, but when I was nine months pregnant with my first I was in the grocery store and an older woman came up to me and asked me about my pregnancy and if I minded if she prayed for me and my baby. I said of course, and she gave me a Cross necklace that she had made. She was just so kind and it came across as just lovely and genuine. (As an aside, on the drive home I was crossing a two lane bridge and I was in the left lane when a semi changed into my lane unexpectedly. I literally had to slam on my brakes and have no clue how I avoided an accident. All I could think of was that Cross in my purse and her saying she would pray for us). I still have the Cross six years later. :)

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was struggling to raise my 3 sons alone I had a secret Santa for years. I woke up one Christmas morning with a note on my door and a box of presents on my doorstep. The presents consisted of new clothes, shoes and a small toy. This happened every year for 5 years. This was beyond kind and I could not figure out who cared so much that they helped me. Turns out it was my brother.

NorseGodessMom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

yea I love him so much. He is awesome to her.

Quoting katielovesyou21:

that is so sweet.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

When I first had my DS, I was 19, single, working a part time minimum wage job, and was going to college full time. I took my DS up to visit my grandparents one weekend when I didn't have to work. I walked my DS over to see my great grandma because he is the first great great grandchild. When we were about to leave she jumped up to stop me and walked off. She came back out with $100 and told me that she wanted me to spend it on something for myself; not diapers, not wipes, not baby food, not gas. I just about cried right then and there. Now that I'm married, financially secure, and living with DH in Germany, I always try to remember to send her a little gift. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but nobody else knows that she slipped me that money. She's such a sweet old lady. I just love her to bits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)