Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please share acts of kindness that have happened to you.

Here is one of mine. Around christmas of 2011 I was in Target. I was in the hair products area and a lady came up to me. She said something told me to give you this and she put a 100 dollar bill in my hand. I was so shocked i stood there for a moment. When i opened my hand and saw what it was. I tried to find the lady but couldnt find her. I had to leave because i was crying. I had been worried because i didnt know how we would do christmas and go 6 hours away to be with my dh family for the holiday. Some of them hadnt even met my son yet. It was a big blessing that year.

Has something nice like this ever happened to you?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-17):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Just before Christmas this past year, I was struggling financially. I wasn't sure how I was going to get groceries for the house because of some HUGE emeregency vehicle bills. I was determined to not go on PA and was working so much that I had fallen asleep driving just that morning (I work third shift).

I scrounged up my last few dollars and went to the cheapest store in town and still couldn't afford the stuff for a nutritious dinner. I bought a loaf of bread and some peanut butter figuring my kids would be OK with that for now.

I got out to my car to see 6 bags of groceries set right on top of my car! I only had my youngest with me since the older 2 were in school so we turned around and went inside and I told a manager that I think someone put their groceries on my car. A woman that had been in the parking lot recently told me she'd seen a man do that and then get in his car and leave after loading a few bags into his own car. She said she thought that my car was someone the guy knew or was helping to the car.

This man bought enough food for me to stretch for 3 weeks while waiting for a child support payment and my pay check. If not for him I don't know what I would have done to get through. 

katielovesyou21
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:09 PM

One time when i was younger i remeber being in the store with my mom. she had only a few things on the line. When she found out she didnt have enough money for all of it she started telling them to put it back. A guy said you cant make dinner if you dont have all of it and bought it for my mom. She was a struggling single mom.

Im thankful for beautiful people like this

Quoting Anonymous:

Just before Christmas this past year, I was struggling financially. I wasn't sure how I was going to get groceries for the house because of some HUGE emeregency vehicle bills. I was determined to not go on PA and was working so much that I had fallen asleep driving just that morning (I work third shift).

I scrounged up my last few dollars and went to the cheapest store in town and still couldn't afford the stuff for a nutritious dinner. I bought a loaf of bread and some peanut butter figuring my kids would be OK with that for now.

I got out to my car to see 6 bags of groceries set right on top of my car! I only had my youngest with me since the older 2 were in school so we turned around and went inside and I told a manager that I think someone put their groceries on my car. A woman that had been in the parking lot recently told me she'd seen a man do that and then get in his car and leave after loading a few bags into his own car. She said she thought that my car was someone the guy knew or was helping to the car.

This man bought enough food for me to stretch for 3 weeks while waiting for a child support payment and my pay check. If not for him I don't know what I would have done to get through. 

Otterpuff
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I was working at the mall a few years and bought a bunch of clothes that were going to be my dds winter clothes. Id thought i would forget it after work so i put the bag in the truck during lunch. When I got off of work, i went to the parking lot and found my car was stolen. I didnt have much money atm and had saved up for the clothes. My coworkers found out and called me outside about a week later during my shift. My coworkers gave me an envelope in a stocking and i thought it was the sweetest thing ever that they thought to give me a card..it wasnt till i got home that i realized they collectively put close to 200 to replace my dds clothes :')
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I have to add that the same Chiristmas, the day before Christmas as a matter of fact, I opened my door to find a delivery man with 3 large boxes wrapped up with each of my kids' name on them. Each one had the gifts I'd over heard them asking the mall Santa for but knew I couldn't afford. I still don't know where they came from or who could have possibly known about their wishes and my address. (My family certainly would NOT have done that and their father is too much of an ass to care.) He also had a $100 gas card and a $50 Wal-mart card with a note attached to it that it was for scrubs for work.

Quoting Anonymous:

PandTsmomjuly
by Florence on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Most of mine have happened at the grocery store.

I forgot my wallet and money at home and didn't realize til I was checking out. I'd put all the stuff for dinner and some things for the kids being good. When I realized it my kids were upset but didn't throw a fit which made me feel worse :(

The woman behind us told me she'd pay for it and not wanting to take advantage I explained to the kids that we could get the dinner stuff but the extras had to be put back. Again, they were upset but willing. The woman said it wasn't much and to let them have their treats and paid for our food.

That's the only day I've seen my kids behave so well when I had to put things back because I forgot my wallet (I do it a lot >.<) and I was very proud of them for not throwing a fit and them being thankful to the lady when she bought it anyways. :-)

Momof2angels88
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
December 2008, I had gone to the store to get my groceries for the month (I had just had surgery on my hand so I was getting food stamps). For some reason my food stamps had not loaded on my card, so I told the cashier I had to put it all back. My moms friend had taken me to the store and he pulled out his debit card and paid for my whole bill (over $200). I told him that I would pay him back when I got my money and he told me that it was ok, he know that the kids and I were going through a lot and that I could use the money to get something special for Christmas dinner.

I was very shocked by what he did and it helped me bring back my faith in humanity because my oldest son had just been murdered the month before.

This past Christmas a fellow cafemom sent me a $50 Walmart gift card, which really came in handy. Last summer she also sent me some clothes for my youngest DD that her DD had outgrown.
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I was at a car wash and didn't have enough change to get all the soap off and then vaccum also. I was about to forego rinsing off all the soap so I could afford vaccumming which I really needed to do. The owner came over and said he couldn't let my car go looking like that and he put change in it for me. This was back when I was a sahm and broke as all hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN