Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am considered Obese. UPDATE PICTURES ADDED!

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 36 Replies

My doctor just told me I am considered obese. Awesome. I think it is ridiculous that if your not skinny they consider you obese. I admit, I am on the chubby side. But seriously. My doctor told me I should get on a diet and start exercising. I wanted to laugh in her face. I am five foot and 140 pounds. But I also just had a baby 7 weeks ago! I am on a diet. I actually do exercise regularly. Ridiculous.

I am actually happy with my weight. I don't love it, and am working I getting down below but I'm not imberrased. I am so much skinnier and healthier then I was befor I got pregnant.

Any ideas for excercises that will help me?

by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Sorry, had to vent alittle!

Annabel1809Lee
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

It takes 9 months to put on the baby weight, it can take up to a year to lose it all- and some women never do! Just continue to eat right and exercise and before you know it you'll be back to your pre-baby weight. 

Oh, and according to the CDC you're only overweight, not obese. So even if you have a little to lose you are NOT obese. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am too. Four kids in four years and I have lost 25 but I feel big. I want to lose 30 more. Ignore the kid artwork on the wall, we plan to repaint.
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM

That is what I thought. She made me feel pretty bad because I am actually 25 pounds lighter then what i was befor I got pregnant! She never said anything to me about my weight befor I was pregnant either

Quoting Annabel1809Lee:

It takes 9 months to put on the baby weight, it can take up to a year to lose it all- and some women never do! Just continue to eat right and exercise and before you know it you'll be back to your pre-baby weight. 

Oh, and according to the CDC you're only overweight, not obese. So even if you have a little to lose you are NOT obese. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Your BMI is 27.  That is the "overweight" range if you are being honest about your weight.  Your doctor should know obesity starts at 30.  If you aren't lying about your weight, I'd get a new doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You look totally fine in your pics op. This is 5'6.5 with a 29 bmi.
Samantha.Stetka
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I think I might. I have been having a few problems with this doctor and I just think that it is time

Quoting Anonymous:

Your BMI is 27.  That is the "overweight" range if you are being honest about your weight.  Your doctor should know obesity starts at 30.  If you aren't lying about your weight, I'd get a new doctor.

lalaballet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Doctors suck sometimes. Keep up the good work and ignore her.

Quoting Samantha.Stetka:

That is what I thought. She made me feel pretty bad because I am actually 25 pounds lighter then what i was befor I got pregnant! She never said anything to me about my weight befor I was pregnant either

Quoting Annabel1809Lee:

Manda12702
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I'm 5'7" and weigh 150lbs. And I had a baby 3 months ago. I wear a size 6. I am not overweight no matter what those stupid charts say. They do not take muscle mass into account. Do not worry about it. You are by no means dangerously obese, just be healthy (eat right, exercise) and don't worry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I'm the same height and am size 10 at that weight. Everyone is different and I would agree with this.

Quoting Manda12702:

I'm 5'7" and weigh 150lbs. And I had a baby 3 months ago. I wear a size 6. I am not overweight no matter what those stupid charts say. They do not take muscle mass into account. Do not worry about it. You are by no means dangerously obese, just be healthy (eat right, exercise) and don't worry about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN