Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me what color he is.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I asked him "what color do you think you are?"

He said, "red! Like lightning mc queen!"

Red it is! Lol!!

We don't discuss race much, he's always had a white mommy and a AA daddy. I wonder what it will be like for him in the future? Will most of our country be interracial? Maybe this is a divine plan, wheather you believe in God or a higher power. Maybe the mixing of cultures and genetics was meant to end the racial stereotyping in America.. thoughts?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
.Zombie.Girl.
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:03 PM

He is adorable!

jujubear1
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd, if trying to help me figure out which person, will say light or dark. Dark may not be black. The first day of soccer practice, she was telling me names. There is a black (possibly bi racial, not sure) and a hispanic girl. She called them both dark and referred to one with curly hair and the other straight hair so I'd know which was which. If I say black, she says they're jot black, they're brown. She is pretty uneducated when it comes to race
prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
He's brown! There! I said it! I'm racist now..
supercarp
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM

My 7th grade social studies teacher told us that someday everyone would be tan. I think she's been shown to be right.

He's a really good looking boy, btw.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM
I would just be honest and explain that since he is darker than mommy and has daddy's last name (I am being presumptuous, I know.) That on paper he is considered black, but his actual color is beautiful shade of caramel that some people pay to try and get. Lol explain that most of the time they end up being orange like an oompa loompa :D

Quoting prissypoptart:

Thank you. I think he knows he's not the same color as mom or dad, idk how to approach this. Hes got the best of both worlds? I think, lightning mcqueen red is the best answer. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinakinakins
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

He is such a handsome little man!

prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Thanks and I totally agree with your ss teacher, btw

Quoting supercarp:

My 7th grade social studies teacher told us that someday everyone would be tan. I think she's been shown to be right.

He's a really good looking boy, btw.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Black
prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Lmao!! I saturate my photos when I'm editing and turn orange as hell. Lmao!!

Quoting acrogodess:

I would just be honest and explain that since he is darker than mommy and has daddy's last name (I am being presumptuous, I know.) That on paper he is considered black, but his actual color is beautiful shade of caramel that some people pay to try and get. Lol explain that most of the time they end up being orange like an oompa loompa :D

Quoting prissypoptart:

Thank you. I think he knows he's not the same color as mom or dad, idk how to approach this. Hes got the best of both worlds? I think, lightning mcqueen red is the best answer. Lol
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I love his attitude and that you've taught him not to define himself by what color he is! He's absolutely gorgeous and I'm jealous of his eyelashes! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN