Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me what color he is.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I asked him "what color do you think you are?"

He said, "red! Like lightning mc queen!"

Red it is! Lol!!

We don't discuss race much, he's always had a white mommy and a AA daddy. I wonder what it will be like for him in the future? Will most of our country be interracial? Maybe this is a divine plan, wheather you believe in God or a higher power. Maybe the mixing of cultures and genetics was meant to end the racial stereotyping in America.. thoughts?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (31-40):
starfire59
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I would like to think so. I have 2 biracial children and I had them at a time when it still was not thing to do. 2 of my kids are half Filipino and half Caucasion. I think your son is beautiful. The great thing about kids is love is love no matter the color. This is Brandon he's 36 and Michelle she's 35.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Aw he is HANDSOME and has stunning eyes...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Oh and I have 2 biracial children

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
He is sooo cute!! When my kids were little, they used to argue about who was what color...I am white, and my exdh is Mexican. My oldest and youngest both look exactly like me...they have dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and freckles. My middle DD still looks exactly like me in regards to facial features, but she has brown eyes and a darker skin tone and super clear skin with no freckles. Hannah (the middle) used yo always tell the other 2 that she was "brown" and they were "peach" lol!!
lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Tell him it doesn't matter as all the girls will chase him when he is older and he will be a model.
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

What "color" are they? With the whole Zimmerman trial, people seem to have a hard time grasping a person can have a Hispanic hertitage and still be Caucasian on paper. My great grandpa was German. My dad was Puerto Ricans with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. We all burn and peel before tanning. Sometimes turning tomato red first. I don't like the whole idea of race. I would rather people be identified by nationality. I am American :-) know what I mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa42
by New Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My niece and nephew are mixed nephew is 6 and niece is 4 they say they are sand!
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
That's your son? Hubba Hubba! Lol.

You're children are stunning!

Quoting starfire59:

I would like to think so. I have 2 biracial children and I had them at a time when it still was not thing to do. 2 of my kids are half Filipino and half Caucasion. I think your son is beautiful. The great thing about kids is love is love no matter the color. This is Brandon he's 36 and Michelle she's 35.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I kind of have to laugh at that thought, but I'm not religious in any sense. I don't feel it's a plan to end something, I think it just happened because of how we are evolving and how many different people there are in the world. It's a good thing though.

And haha, my son would have said the same thing :) He's obsessed with Lightning! We actually got into a short discussion about race once. I can't even remember how it came up but it was DS and me and his cousin who is darker skinned (mixed) DS started this thing calling black people 'black faced' .. he means it in the best possible way :) I kind of laughed and was shocked the first time I heard him say it, we had never even really talked skin color before that. He said he was black face too and I said, no baby, what color do you look like? He said, ummm.. White? I said yes. Then his cousin said, what about me??? I said what do you look like? He said white and we laughed. I said, no, you are more like brown :) They were both content with that haha.

I am glad my son knows it's normal to look all different ways, I've taught him that because it's definitely important he knows all people are really the same.

Threw me right off though!

chamamahaha
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Mixef babies get the best of both worlds
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)