Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me what color he is.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I asked him "what color do you think you are?"

He said, "red! Like lightning mc queen!"

Red it is! Lol!!

We don't discuss race much, he's always had a white mommy and a AA daddy. I wonder what it will be like for him in the future? Will most of our country be interracial? Maybe this is a divine plan, wheather you believe in God or a higher power. Maybe the mixing of cultures and genetics was meant to end the racial stereotyping in America.. thoughts?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (41-50):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
He is adorable.
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The color your son is, is beautiful, and in fifteen years, his color is 'heartbreaker', LOL.

Seriously, his color is what ya call, 'Just Right'.

starfire59
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

lol!! Thanks! I hear that alot.  As their mom I think they are beautiful!

Quoting acrogodess:

That's your son? Hubba Hubba! Lol.

You're children are stunning!

Quoting starfire59:

I would like to think so. I have 2 biracial children and I had them at a time when it still was not thing to do. 2 of my kids are half Filipino and half Caucasion. I think your son is beautiful. The great thing about kids is love is love no matter the color. This is Brandon he's 36 and Michelle she's 35.

andrea0314
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Hes cute. My daughters are mixed to. My aunt tells her mixed babies there a swirl I don't know if I agree with that but my daughters know mommy's Italian or white however and there dads AA. I just raise them that they're beautiful strong and got the best of both worlds. I'm not with there dad I'm remarried. Ur son will be fine there's alot more interracial children now.
MomTiara19
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

What a handsome young man!

I am IR married for almost 14 years.

My daughter is 14 and my son is 21.I have always told my kids they were half black and half Italian.They embrace my side of the family and their dads just fine.They are great kids ,are very loved by friends and family.

My hope is that one day all this racism and hate ends.I do believe things are changing:)We are the human race and Gods children.What truly matters is love.

gammie
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM
This!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

He's adorable! I love his gorgeous eyes!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirlNH
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Ummm, care to share a number? Bahahaha. You made some really gorgeous kids!!

Quoting starfire59:

I would like to think so. I have 2 biracial children and I had them at a time when it still was not thing to do. 2 of my kids are half Filipino and half Caucasion. I think your son is beautiful. The great thing about kids is love is love no matter the color. This is Brandon he's 36 and Michelle she's 35.

eve210
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Your DS is absolutely gorgeous. I love his answer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM
He's super hot!!

Quoting starfire59:

lol!! Thanks! I hear that alot.  As their mom I think they are beautiful!

Quoting acrogodess:

That's your son? Hubba Hubba! Lol.

You're children are stunning!

Quoting starfire59:

prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Lol!

Quoting LyTe684:

I'm light skinned. Okay...I'm lying in two shades lighter than light and DH is dark skinned. My kids are in between. Darker than me, lighter than DH.

DS (7) doesn't usually notice. I only hear him reference skin color if he's asked or when taking about crayons. He calls peach the one 'skin colored'. Lol

Quoting prissypoptart:

Thank you. I think he knows he's not the same color as mom or dad, idk how to approach this. Hes got the best of both worlds? I think, lightning mcqueen red is the best answer. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN