Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son just asked me what color he is.

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I asked him "what color do you think you are?"

He said, "red! Like lightning mc queen!"

Red it is! Lol!!

We don't discuss race much, he's always had a white mommy and a AA daddy. I wonder what it will be like for him in the future? Will most of our country be interracial? Maybe this is a divine plan, wheather you believe in God or a higher power. Maybe the mixing of cultures and genetics was meant to end the racial stereotyping in America.. thoughts?
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Replies (71-78):
kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you may be right and I think red is a great color

kaybear123
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Awe cute LO! 

GwenMB
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I personally love the lightning mcqueen red answer! I bet there are lots of kids who would like to be lightning mcqueen red.

Quoting prissypoptart:

Thank you. I think he knows he's not the same color as mom or dad, idk how to approach this. Hes got the best of both worlds? I think, lightning mcqueen red is the best answer. Lol

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM

He sure is a pretty boy! LOL.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Me and my 3 year old had a conversation about skin color recently when she saw a picture on the computer of a  baby with dark skin. So I told her people have all different types of shin, her skin is white that baby had black skin, so she told me she wanted green skin.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:09 PM

HE IS GORGEOUS! My DS is biracial as well, but just looks white. Half white, half Mediterranian. 
If he asks what color he is, I'll just say human color. 

Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I do not think it is a higher power. I think we are drawn to people by attraction(not just physical). I have no problem with interracial dating. However, people will prejudice because they are ignorant.

jujubear1
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Lol we are as white as printer paper, but she will not say anyone is black or white. Our neighbors are Chinese and she will refer to them as such, but other than that, she doesn't refer to race at all.

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

My son, who is bi-racial (black and white) REFUSES to say people are black. They are brown. Light brown, dark brown, middle brown (his term lol). But never black lol

Quoting jujubear1:

My dd, if trying to help me figure out which person, will say light or dark. Dark may not be black. The first day of soccer practice, she was telling me names. There is a black (possibly bi racial, not sure) and a hispanic girl. She called them both dark and referred to one with curly hair and the other straight hair so I'd know which was which. If I say black, she says they're jot black, they're brown. She is pretty uneducated when it comes to race

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)