Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Tax time

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
It's slowly coming and I can feel a huge fight coming on. My dd's dad is going to want to claim her and he doesn't even take care of her. Just take me now lord.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Does he send financial suppport that makes up 50% of her overall financial support?  Are you employed?

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM
This is why I made sure ex never had Ds's social security number. It makes it really hard to claim him that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:38 PM
No he doesn't and no I'm not right now. My uncle picks up his slack so I let my uncle claim her since we stay with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Does he send financial suppport that makes up 50% of her overall financial support?  Are you employed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
He doesn't have her card or number but he will try his hardest to convince me to let him claim her.

Quoting AjsMom0508:

This is why I made sure ex never had Ds's social security number. It makes it really hard to claim him that way.

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM

tax time in july??

AjsMom0508
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM
That's simple then. Don't give in to him and tell him no.

Quoting Anonymous:

He doesn't have her card or number but he will try his hardest to convince me to let him claim her.

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Tax time is months away. Why are you already worried about it? Is it the fact that you qualify for EIC?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I just realized its not that far away and that's why he is trying to be nice to me.

Quoting aphrodite7400:

tax time in july??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM

If he can not show that he pays up to 50% of her support then he can not legally claim her.   At this point, honestly your uncle has more legal ground to claim her on taxes than either one of you would. Watch out and make sure that he doesn't try to claim her if your uncle does, if there is a double claim it will be checked out by the IRS. And they are ruthless assholes about this sort of thing sometimes.

Quoting Anonymous:

No he doesn't and no I'm not right now. My uncle picks up his slack so I let my uncle claim her since we stay with him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM
It's not months away. I thought October was months away in January but now just a few months away. I don't qualify for eic but if I did I would rub it in bitter bitches like you faces.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tax time is months away. Why are you already worried about it? Is it the fact that you qualify for EIC?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)