Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only one.....

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:19 PM
  • 28 Replies

I realize that in the land of make-believe Cafemom, everyone has perfect, well-behaved children, and everyone wants to spend every single moment with their kids...but are there some of you out there that get annoyed with their kids?  Like wanting to drop them off at grandma's for a weekend just to get a break?  Am I the only one that occasionally gets overwhelmed with the demands of parenting?

"What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say" Ralph Waldo Emerson
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommerRayne06
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Definitely not alone!
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM

All.the.time.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My life is not perfect, but my kids are well behaved and I love spending time with my kids and my husband. I tend to not sweat the small stuff. It is so not worth it.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

i freaking love my kids. they are my whole world. i absolutely adore them.

that being said, i wish they had a grandparent in their lives that i felt comfortable with dropping them off with for the weekend lol. i have three under three, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Let the sisters take care of themselves, and make themselves beautiful, and if any of you are so superstitious and ignorant as to say that this is pride, I can say that you are not informed as to the pride which is sinful before the Lord. You are also ignorant as to the excellency of the heavens and the beauty which dwells in the society of the Gods. Were you to see an angel, you would see a beautiful and lovely creature. Make yourselves like angels in goodness and beauty. ~Brigham Young
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
You are not alone, and we DO drop him off with the grandparents for a break :-)
CelestialSong
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM

OMG today as my almost 2 year old was throwing a tantrum for the 374th time today, I seriously was about to just walk out the door and never look back. She drives me absolutely insane sometimes. I do not have the patience for this!

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM
You are not the only one.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Definitely not.  I have come to hate mornings.  It wouldn't be so bad if I got to actually sleep more than a couple hours at a time, but lately I've been getting up with the baby (which is to be expected) and my 2 year old has been waking up for no apparent reason.  I'm hoping this doesn't last long.  Unfortunately my parents live across the country, and it'll always be that way, so I won't be able to send them to grandma's until they're older.  But believe me, I will :)

RoxStetz
by Gold Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

ohhhh no.  You do?  I love my sparkling angels so much that any moment spent without them is hell!!!

JK.  My happy day is when both kids go to spend a weekend with their grandparents.  Unfortunately as they get older, (12 and 15) they realize that it's boring over there (really it is) and don't want to go anymore.   

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have very well behaved children, but that doesn't mean that they don't have their moments. They definitely drive me crazy from time to time. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)