Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you mother's so hostile towards others who use food stamps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 466 Replies
20 moms liked this

Every time I read a post about a mother using food stamps the majority of the women on here go nuts. Why do so many of you think you personally know others situations? Why does it even matter to you if a family is using food stamps or not? Do you know that almost 15% of Americans use food stamps and the average family only uses them for about 10 months. I grew up on food stamps and section 8 housing and honestly if it were not for those government programs my siblings and I would struggled with a low quality life. Those programs also taught me the value of hard work. Layoff mothers on this site who use their benefits you are not personally adding funds on the first of the month to their food stamp card. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Bitches be hating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't care what others say. I will be shopping Wednesday with my card:)
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:33 PM
14 moms liked this
I don't care. Go ahead and use them just don't abuse the system. And I try not to judge but if you say something like I work under the table don't claim my tips or wages and collect food stamps so I can buy my self nice expensive things then yea I sorta judge.
o.0
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Your last sentence is not entirely true. We pay taxes, which fund welfare programs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Every time I read a post about a mother using food stamps the majority of the women on here go nuts. Why do so many of you think you personally know others situations? Why does it even matter to you if a family is using food stamps or not? Do you know that almost 15% of Americans use food stamps and the average family only uses them for about 10 months. I grew up on food stamps and section 8 housing and honestly if it were not for those government programs my siblings and I would struggled with a low quality life. Those programs also taught me the value of hard work. Layoff mothers on this site who use their benefits you are not personally adding funds on the first of the month to their food stamp card. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM
11 moms liked this

You "grew up" on food stamps yet you claim the average family is only on for about 10 months (I challenge that statistic)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
4 moms liked this

The federal government is taking about $3.50 per paycheck per month.Your hardly gonna miss that. 

Quoting o.0:

Your last sentence is not entirely true. We pay taxes, which fund welfare programs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM
15 moms liked this

I think it pisses us off is that we don't get them.  I struggle all the time to put food on my table for my kids but I make to much to get them. I have two teenagers and they eat a lot of food. I work my ass off and still struggle. I don't mind a mother needing them but when they abuse the system is when it really bites my ass.  Or when they are proud they are on it.  I wouldn't tell a sole. 

couture-mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM
10 moms liked this
I used to care what these bitches had to say regarding me being on FS and medical assistance.
But now, they can kiss my ass.
My card reloads on the 15th. (Which is my bday this month) ill be at Giant in the 16th.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM

i dont care what they say anymore i use to, and i never got why they got so mad, iam on transitional food stamps and i dont get any until sunday, thank god bc they gave it to my early last month so this leaves me a week with struggling, idk how we are gonna do it without fs! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Some people are just mean :/ The internet amplifies it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured