Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No, I am not lending you any baby things because I don't think you should be allowed to keep your baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies
6 moms liked this

My DH's cousin is a drug addict. She was so high, she didn't even realize or care that she was pregnant until 20 weeks, by that point, she couldn't get an abortion., which is what she wanted to do. She has no clue who the father is but it is between several different guys, all drug addicts though she is dating one of them. She is almost 8 months pregnant and was told if she didn't go into a treatment program before she had her baby, she wouldn't get to keep her baby but if she did go in the treatment program, she would have a good shot at keeping the baby. Which is why last month, she went into a rehab program and is taking methadone. Her baby will be born addicted to to and will go through serious withdraw symptoms and will likely spend 2-6 weeks in the NICU on the government's dime because she doesn't have insurance.

She lives with her mom and her mom does not want to raise this baby but that is probably what will end up happening. She is on food stamps, WIC and medicaid, has no job and no intention of getting a job. 

She asked me for my baby stuff. I have 2 girls and a boy (she is having a girl) but my youngest is 3. She wants to use my crib, swing, baby clothes, toys, basically all my baby stuff. When she asked me, I told her we are planning on having another baby (we are actually already trying). I don't want to give her my stuff, odds are, she won't take care of it and I will either not get it back at all or it will not be returned in good shape. She got mad and said I was "kicking her while she was down".

Anyway, there are been a few people in the family who now have a problem with me over it. I am not trying to dictate what she does, if she is allowed to keep her baby, it is up to her to keep it but seeing as I think her baby would be much better off with real parents (you know 2 parents who aren't drug addicts) I don't see a reason to help her keep her baby.

Her sister called me last night and bitched me out over the matter and when I told her  we are planning on having more kids, she told we are family and I should help her out.

I am so sick of selfish people acting like I owe them something

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM

BUMP!

truelyred2
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I totally agree with you. you didn't good money on those things and they are yours.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:42 PM
9 moms liked this

I wouldn't give her shit. Anyone who calls you about it, needs told they can buy her crap.

RobJar
by Silver Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Tell us how you really feel.
allornone
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

She had 9 months to figure it out. It's not up to you. Tell her to try Craigslist or clothing banks.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM
2 moms liked this
You owe her nothing, I wouldnt loan out baby stuff either if I was ttc
Arwyn724
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

She could have gotten an abortion at 20 weeks where I live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM
2 moms liked this
You don't owe her anything. You are trying for a baby and will need your baby things. Maybe someone in the family should throw her a shower if they're concerned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Maybe it sounds mean but I don't see why she should keep this baby. She can't provide for this baby or even herself. She can't take care of this baby physically or emotionally.

Quoting RobJar:

Tell us how you really feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN