Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sad :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I want to have another baby, but we can't afford it. Dh only makes about 35K a year and it just doesn't seem like it's enough to raise another child on. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manda.
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. :/
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:15 AM

If you aren't working right now.  Why not go back to work, save for  a few years and then have another baby? I know it puts off that initial "I want a baby now", but it would help you be in a good place financially so it's more comfortable to have another baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:16 AM

When you take in mortgage and utilities and bills. and 35K is before taxes. It's really not a lot of money. We're comfortable now, but I think that we would really struggle with another baby. :(

Quoting manda.:

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

perhaps..... perhaps not

breastfeeding and cloth diapering save TONS of money

Quoting Anonymous:

When you take in mortgage and utilities and bills. and 35K is before taxes. It's really not a lot of money. We're comfortable now, but I think that we would really struggle with another baby. :(

Quoting manda.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I work, but I don't bring in that much.

I think a lot of it is that I am getting older. I'm 30. My DD is 9. I probably just miss the baby stage. In 10 years I'll be 40 and DD will be in college.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

If you aren't working right now.  Why not go back to work, save for  a few years and then have another baby? I know it puts off that initial "I want a baby now", but it would help you be in a good place financially so it's more comfortable to have another baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM

True! I want to cloth diaper. They are so cute. I regret not cloth diapering DD.

Quoting Aslen:

perhaps..... perhaps not

breastfeeding and cloth diapering save TONS of money

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting manda.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I feel ya. We make about $65k and can't afford to provide for two kids as we do for one, so one it is. :-(
spicy_n_sweet
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Is it enough to put a little something away?  If not, some people (greatly depending on the COL where they live) are able to get by on that amount for a family of 4 without help.  If you guys are in that position and you both really want to have another child, then why not.  If you guys aren't in that position and you both aren't in agreement, I'd hold off (mainly if you both aren't in agreement).

Don't let the age thing bother you. I'm 50 my only is 21.  You still have quite a few years ahead of you still to have another child. And if for some reason you don't, your life will still be wonderful and fulfilled. Either way, you're going to live a good life and be happy.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I think a lot of it is that I am getting older. I'm 30. My DD is 9. I probably just miss the baby stage. In 10 years I'll be 40 and DD will be in college.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Find a new DH!

No, I'm just kidding. My DH was getting around the same income when we had our second. It worked out. I breasfed, my DD wear hand me downs from my DS. Only thing we needed to buy For a new baby was diapers.
Now, when they need more then diapers my DH got a new job( we didn't even dream of him getting a new job) that pays more.
I'm so happy with my choice of having another baby. Sometimes thing work out better than you expected.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Oh, yeah, our COL is low. Dh doesn't care either way. It's me. Lol.

I think part of it is because for where we live, 35K is a somewhat decent pay, so DD is able to do a lot of things (like summer camps, trips, and pretty much any type of activitiy she wants), and I don't want -her- to lose her quality of life because of a new baby.

I don't know if that makes sense.

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Is it enough to put a little something away?  If not, some people (greatly depending on the COL where they live) are able to get by on that amount for a family of 4 without help.  If you guys are in that position and you both really want to have another child, then why not.  If you guys aren't in that position and you both aren't in agreement, I'd hold off (mainly if you both aren't in agreement).

Don't let the age thing bother you. I'm 50 my only is 21.  You still have quite a few years ahead of you still to have another child. And if for some reason you don't, your life will still be wonderful and fulfilled. Either way, you're going to live a good life and be happy.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting spicy_n_sweet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)