Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For anyone whos had an anxiety attack

Posted by   + Show Post

Could you tell me what it feels like? I have been having rough weeks at work lately, but after getting talk to twice about how unapproachable I am and no one liking my presence there, I talk only to the new MA, patients, and the doctor I work with. Now I'm noticing the days I go to work I have sharp chest pain and difficulty breathing before work, or if I'm irritated. For example today, I had chest pain when I woke up for work and while driving to work. The pain went away by the time I was there for 2 hours. When I got home, I found my kids were gone (they were supposed to go with my mom tomorrow) and my lazy husband sitting there, waiting for me to get home to have me take him to the movies. When I went in the room and passed out, he then takes my car and leaves until I wake up. I didn't say a word to him about it, but it angered me so much because he knows not to take my car. He has his own car that he didn't keep up. I'm now sitting here angry and noticed I can't breath again and have sharp chest pain on the left side (near my heart). Is this a panic attack or should I be going to a hospital?

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I'd go talk to a doc but it sounds kinda like it.
newmom121812
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM
When i get one i have trouble breathing my heart races i cant sit still some chest pain and shaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Felt like a heart attack.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Wow...just wow.

You know people who've been thru trauma in their life tend to end up with anxiety disorders. People who've been thru trauma can't always just "control their emotions".  Why dont you "control your opinion". Since obviously you have no fucking idea what your're talking about.  It's people like you who make it harder for those who do have these problems.

Everyone is different. Everyone deals with trauma different. No one chooses to go thru shit like this.  You sound like a person who I used to know who said that headaches and migraines were no big deal...till they actually GOT ONE. Let me tell you they never said a bad thing about people who migraines again. Ever.

Maybe you need to have an anxiety attack so bad you feel like you're having a heart attack or something JUST so you can learn some fucking EMPATHY.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter says she has anxiety attacks, I think they're just made up things honestly. just control your emotions and get over it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Mind races, can't breathe, vision usually goes to pinpoints.  Sometimes I have ringing in my ears.

I usually start hyperventilating, sometimes also while crying, then the screaming starts.  I usually have to hold a pillow over my mouth so that neighbors don't hear it and think I'm being attacked.

It's not controllable.  People think you are just acting, but I am not.  I take Ativan when it happens.

NoSammich4You
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Sounds like anxiety attacks. The chest pain and rapid heartbeat are huge indicators.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I myself have had a few panic attacks myself and to the repler who said they are just made up things and to control your emotions GO FUCK OFF now their is emotions! It is a serious thing and nobody knows till you experience it. I don't know about your history but mine was shear "I'm going to die" "Fight or flight response" I had to go to the ER and be given Valium to alleviate the panic attack. It's an awful thing to experience I don't wish that on anyone. To me:sounds like anxiety good luck hope you get answers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Oh yeah, the numbness in my arms, and when it's really bad, my legs.    I think that and the dizziness is caused by my hyperventilating.  Do you hyperventilate or no?

Quoting Anonymous:

Weight on my chest, rapid heartbeat, numbness in my hands, and dizziness.

CrossStitchMum
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I was told that those pains are the first sign of stress getting too much. I get them all the time too

janel09
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Thank you. I read it, but I don't feel like I'm anxious over anything. I hate work, so my chest hurts when I wake up on a work day. My husband does stupid things, my chest hurts. The weird thing is (please don't judge me on this)I started cutting again after 5 years because of my boss telling me there's something wrong with me because I don't talk to anyone at work. People are always yelling at me, telling me what I'm not doing right. Even so, I stopped completely, again. I just don't respond when someone makes me angry, or feel bad about myself. That's when the chest pain started.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types_symptoms_treatment.htm

Here ya go mama. This is the reference page I used that convinced me I needed to see my doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN