Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For anyone whos had an anxiety attack

Posted by   + Show Post

Could you tell me what it feels like? I have been having rough weeks at work lately, but after getting talk to twice about how unapproachable I am and no one liking my presence there, I talk only to the new MA, patients, and the doctor I work with. Now I'm noticing the days I go to work I have sharp chest pain and difficulty breathing before work, or if I'm irritated. For example today, I had chest pain when I woke up for work and while driving to work. The pain went away by the time I was there for 2 hours. When I got home, I found my kids were gone (they were supposed to go with my mom tomorrow) and my lazy husband sitting there, waiting for me to get home to have me take him to the movies. When I went in the room and passed out, he then takes my car and leaves until I wake up. I didn't say a word to him about it, but it angered me so much because he knows not to take my car. He has his own car that he didn't keep up. I'm now sitting here angry and noticed I can't breath again and have sharp chest pain on the left side (near my heart). Is this a panic attack or should I be going to a hospital?

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Replies (51-52):
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shortness of breath, chest tightness, I get shaky and feel like I am going to start crying and won't be able to stop.

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Strength of will won't fix everything.

Anxiety attacks as a biological thing, tend to run in families.   Each generation will seem to get them at about the same age.   There is some suspicion that they tend to pop up during periods of rapid brain growth or 'brain remodeling', so in the teenage years, young adulthood, times like that.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

Aaaaaaand the typical moronic Anon response.

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter says she has anxiety attacks, I think they're just made up things honestly. just control your emotions and get over it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)