Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's Pregnant?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
SIL is pregnant. I made a post a while back about her being pregnant while I was pregnant (I was 4 months further along). She had to give up going to an out of state college and was very upset about being pregnant. Her bf isn't that great of a guy. About a month before their ds was born he quit his job. He has zero interest in working, his dad pays for everything. She's going to school and he makes her use her student loan for gas and fast food. He watches their ds but once she's home he wants to take off with friends. I'm actually proud she's going to school and trying to have a future. She's grown up alot. When she was pregnant there was even talk of dh and I adopting but she decided not to and she's been a good mom.

Well the other day I stop by and told me she's pregnant (everyone kinda thought so but hoped not) and I was excited. Right now MIL is losing her job due to her company closing, dh, who helps MIL financially, is scared to lose his job since they want to lay off people. She said everyone is stressed and she doesn't want to upset anyone with her news. She's excited but scared. She's like a little sister to me, we've had our problems in the past but I'll always be there for her.

SIL with be 20 (I could have sworn she's going to 21 but dh days 20) and her.ds will be 1 at the end of the month.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I feel for her.

I was excited but scared as hell once I accepted this pregnancy. I still am. But I do believe that things work out for the best. 

SIL should be rid of the guy though. He sounds about as worthless as a dull toothpick.

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Im just wondering who is enabling her enough for her to think not using protection is okay.  Im near her age and wouldn't want to get pregnant if I was living off of other people, doesn't sound like a smart idea.  But what is done is done and unless she wants more school debt, she should start working and so should her bf, and if he doesn't then she still should for herself because at the end of the day, you are responsible for your children when the other parent falls short.  Like a group project in school, when you get partnered with an ass who doesnt want to put in the work, you do it all so your grade doesn't suffer or you prove a point and fail.  Time to make wise decisions I guess.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:22 AM
I don't know. my SIL just turned 22 and annoyed she was pregnant, due in September. I know this wasn't her plan, so its awkward. I feel like she is too young, seem though I was that age when I had DS. I try really hard to be supportive. But her BF is a douche and I'm sad shell she tied with him for the rest of her life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)