Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kids do not have a curfew

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

I only have one kid still at home 17 but she does not have a curfew. Starting at 15/16 they were allowed to stay out until whatever time they wanted. As long as they told me first where they would be. If i caught them in a lie they would have a 5pm curfew but that never happened. It was not uncommon tp have a kid coming home at 2-3 am.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:36 AM
wow! thats not cool. how about bragging about nonparenting
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I never really had one either. I had proven myself to be trustworthy, so my parents granted me the freedom that came along with it
starlight91
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My dd just turned 18, so she has no curphew, but shes to let us know if shes coming home ( she has to let us know by 11 pm because we need to get up for work in the morning). My dd 13 has a curphew on 9 pm .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

How was it not cool? It worked for our family

Quoting Anonymous:

wow! thats not cool. how about bragging about nonparenting

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I never had a curfew either...my mom trusted my 29year old boyfriend to protect me....I hope you will like your dd's adult bf, if she lets you meet him

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Whatever works for you.

I had a curfew set by my dad. Of course, I would push my luck and break it, by staying out to 2-3 in the morning. Lol. But, he never would have allowed me to stay out as late as I wanted. He knew if I was out that late, I was up to no good.

What does your kid do out that late?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM

My dd has a bf. He is the same age as her and they have know eachother since thwy were 2 they have been "bf/gf" for 4 years now and actually dating for a year

Quoting shivasgirl:

I never had a curfew either...my mom trusted my 29year old boyfriend to protect me....I hope you will like your dd's adult bf, if she lets you meet him

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Go to the movies, hang out with friends/ family, stuff like that

Quoting BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs:

Whatever works for you.

I had a curfew set by my dad. Of course, I would push my luck and break it, by staying out to 2-3 in the morning. Lol. But, he never would have allowed me to stay out as late as I wanted. He knew if I was out that late, I was up to no good.

What does your kid do out that late?

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
I never had a curfew either....it wasn't that great, though, because everyone else had one. I would just go home when they did.
TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Nothing good or wholesome happens after midnight.
What can a 15 year old do at 2 am?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured