Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cop kills PITBU LL

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Do you agree? Would you have the same thing? Why or why not? Do you still think Pitbulls aren't the problem?

http://m.now.msn.com/leslie-lyons-austin-police-officer-shoots-pit-bull-inside-petco
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (81-86):
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I'm not going to bother reading the article. When you are obviously condemning the entire breed, rather then just one dog.

casseopeia
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:38 PM

As a vet, she probably sees the worst side of dogs.  Most don't like the thermometer up their butts. LOL

Quoting gemikris82:

i have two cocker spaniels, they are the best dogs! one past away, she was a sweetheart.  my other one is 6 and loves my shep/lab.  she nudges him until he liks her face lol.

Quoting casseopeia:

My sister is a vet and is convinced that Cocker Spaniels have been so over bred that none of them are well-tempered anymore.  

Quoting chaslee:

Nope, I still don't think pit bulls are the problem.  That being said, the dog was attacking another, was shot once, not fatally and continued to attack, so it was shot again.  The dog was out of control.  This could happen with ANY breed of dog.  It has been said before, but I will say it again...  Any dog can attack you, bite you and harm you.  As a groomer, I was snapped at and bit more by small dogs than any pit bull or other large dog.  Especially Cocker Spaniels... they are evil.

gemikris82
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM

lol i would growl too!

Quoting casseopeia:

As a vet, she probably sees the worst side of dogs.  Most don't like the thermometer up their butts. LOL

Quoting gemikris82:

i have two cocker spaniels, they are the best dogs! one past away, she was a sweetheart.  my other one is 6 and loves my shep/lab.  she nudges him until he liks her face lol.

Quoting casseopeia:

My sister is a vet and is convinced that Cocker Spaniels have been so over bred that none of them are well-tempered anymore.  

Quoting chaslee:

Nope, I still don't think pit bulls are the problem.  That being said, the dog was attacking another, was shot once, not fatally and continued to attack, so it was shot again.  The dog was out of control.  This could happen with ANY breed of dog.  It has been said before, but I will say it again...  Any dog can attack you, bite you and harm you.  As a groomer, I was snapped at and bit more by small dogs than any pit bull or other large dog.  Especially Cocker Spaniels... they are evil.

tiniowien
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 5:23 PM

A cop did here as well and the pets owner an illegal immigrant that didn't read well enough to understand the written order if the dog bit someone again it would be put down. It bit the damn cop! The owner sued the police force and lost.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
What are you talking about?

Quoting Anonymous:

Obviously the 16 year old didn't have control of his dog and the dog had never been socialized. He put the animal in that situation and is ultimately the responsible party. Because to bust the myth about Pits they don't just attack out of nowhere. They have to over time to be socialized with other animals to learn how to behave when in this kind of environment.

Quoting LyTe684:

Lol. It's okay. A few people thought it. I only know because someone made a cocktail link in the replies on the first or second page.

Short version= pit pulled away from its 16 yo owner and attacked another dog. They shot it once to make it stop. It attacked the dog again, so they shot him again.

Quoting _ClearFruit_:

OH OPPS 

Quoting LyTe684:

Wrong story.

Quoting _ClearFruit_:

SAD he was just protecting his owner

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
You are but what am I? Neener neener neener

Quoting TishHughes:

You are nuts.

Quoting Anonymous:

He was shot and killed because he was viciously attacking someone.

Same. Fucking. Thing.

Quoting TishHughes:

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny, it says the pit bull had no reported incidents of previous attacks.
Trayvonn Martin had plenty of previous attacks, like school bus driver, vandalism, and caught at school with a pipe.

What in the fuck does Trayvon Martin have to do with a stupid dog?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)