Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so much for that pedicure and manicure!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I just got a mani/pedi like 3 days ago, looked great! buut I pick at my nails when I am stresed/worried/anxious/ you get the idea. so I was a bad day yesterday and picked off all of the polish on my right hand and absent mindedly picked at the nails on my right foot. so much for being cute today :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shabbydoll78
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Did you get a gel manicure ? If not, you should. That stuffs pretty hard to pick off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM
no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Did you get a gel manicure ? If not, you should. That stuffs pretty hard to pick off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM

if she's anything like me, not being able to use your standby method of stress relief would cause more anxiety than the impervious mani pedi would be worth.  picking and picking and picking and never the satisfaction of a flake...

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Bianca008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Get gel nails they last for 3 weeks till your next appt.

Quoting Anonymous:

no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I can't afford the regular upkeep on artificial nails. that and with my job they pop off and huuurt like a bitch. I normally do my own nails for this reason. a friend of mine paid for me to het them done the other day sinceI.hhaven't in a looong time

Quoting Bianca008:

Quoting Anonymous:

no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Shabbydoll78
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Kind of seems like a habit she wanted to break. But I get that it might be of detriment to her in the moment. 

Quoting Anonymous:

if she's anything like me, not being able to use your standby method of stress relief would cause more anxiety than the impervious mani pedi would be worth.  picking and picking and picking and never the satisfaction of a flake...

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Shabbydoll78
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Gel is just a type of super strong, long lasting nail polish,not an acrylic. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't afford the regular upkeep on artificial nails. that and with my job they pop off and huuurt like a bitch. I normally do my own nails for this reason. a friend of mine paid for me to het them done the other day sinceI.hhaven't in a looong time

Quoting Bianca008:

Quoting Anonymous:

no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Bianca008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

ahh okay I understand

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bianca008:

Quoting Anonymous:

no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

beachbunni307
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
The gel is amazing! I bought everything for it and just do it myself. It usually grows out before it chips off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:29 AM
ah ok. the place we go to calls ot shellac lol I'll remember that for next time.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Gel is just a type of super strong, long lasting nail polish,not an acrylic. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Bianca008:

Quoting Anonymous:

no.just normal polish.

Quoting Shabbydoll78:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)