Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Think Velcro Strips Would Work?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I want my cable box to sit on top of my flat screen TV.

The way my room is set up, there is a buffet in my room and the TV pretty much has to go there because of where the cable line is.

The cable box atm does balance on top of my flat screen but could be knocked off pretty easily. It's pretty lightweight.

So do you think velcro strips would work? LOL I am trying to find a way to make it not fall..

The buffet is built in, and behind it/behind the TV is windows. I do not want to put the cable box to the side of the TV.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

How can a cable box sit on top of a flat screen? Just curious..maybe Im not understanding.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:17 PM

bump

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM

this.  i'm picturing it teetering on top of the tv. 

Quoting Jessy613:

How can a cable box sit on top of a flat screen? Just curious..maybe Im not understanding.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I would worry about it being top heavy.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I'd worry it'd take the tv with it if it falls. Maybe put a little shelf over the tv to set it on?

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Put a shelf up on the wall BEHIND the TV, don't set shit on top of a flat screen! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I can't. The buffet is built in and behind it is windows. There's no wall for me to put a shelf there.

It balances on the TV, I mean it stays put but it could get knocked off easily.

Quoting Zazayam:

I'd worry it'd take the tv with it if it falls. Maybe put a little shelf over the tv to set it on?

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Hm, maybe then. Worth a try, velcro's pretty cheap. Or those magic hanger things from the info-mercials lol, I don't remember what they're called... Little sticky things that'll hold up an entire couch!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't. The buffet is built in and behind it is windows. There's no wall for me to put a shelf there.

It balances on the TV, I mean it stays put but it could get knocked off easily.

Quoting Zazayam:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)