Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone been to charleston SC or live there?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
What is on your must see list for tourists and what are some things you think are worth skipping?

What restaurants would you recommend?

We are thinking of going there for our honeymoon and are in the research phase right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
BUMP
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Fort Sumter. Old downtown. The Harbor. I loved old downtown so much. Folly Beach is pretty nice. Isle of the Palms it too but I lived on Folly so I'm partial to that. I love history so I went to a lot of historic sites. 

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I went there years ago with my parents. I was a young teen so I was lame and not interested in tourist attractions :P.

BUT! I will say GO to magnolia's restaurant.

The shrimp and grits there are ugh... Amazing :). Awesome atmosphere, food and service too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Downtown, folly beach, most of the restaurants downtown are good. Make sure to eat benne wafers while you are there if you've never had them.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We do too, fort Sumter is on our list.

Is there an area of town you recommend we stay out of? During spring break is it crowded?

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Fort Sumter. Old downtown. The Harbor. I loved old downtown so much. Folly Beach is pretty nice. Isle of the Palms it too but I lived on Folly so I'm partial to that. I love history so I went to a lot of historic sites. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Actually Folly Beach probably will be pretty busy during spring break. North Charleston is not the nicest place to go to IMO. 

I really do miss it out there. I'm a bit jealous :) 

Quoting Roxygurl:

Is there an area of town you recommend we stay out of? During spring break is it crowded?

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

"Born for the blue skies, We'll survive the rain. Born for the sunrise, We'll survive the pain" Switchfoot

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Hmmm, well we haven't decided if we are going to get married in march or April. We were thinking march because ill have spring break off but we really don't want to deal with the crowds. We are both houstonians and can't stand the crowds in Galveston during spring break.

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Actually Folly Beach probably will be pretty busy during spring break. North Charleston is not the nicest place to go to IMO. 

I really do miss it out there. I'm a bit jealous :) 

Quoting Roxygurl:

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I enjoy driving around Mount Pleasant and Edisto Islands. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)