Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Prayers or whatever you do, please? :( *update - graphic pic *update - July 10

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 311 Replies

Our close friend was attacked in the hood last night. He was chopped in the head with a machete. His whole head is bandaged, he doesn't know how many stitches there are, there's a large piece of his scalp missing and they are discussing plastic surgery.

Please keep him in your thoughts. :'(

Small update, Sunday:

Mike, my Mum and my brother just got here. Mum got a pic of his head.. She counted 22 stitches and the piece that's missing is quite big. Mum has to take him to buy new clothes since the hospital kept his. He's laughing and playing with my 2 year old, Aiyannah right now... He's pretending he's Frankenstein. :/ We're all more upset than he is I think.. lol

This is him now in his "turban". The boys are all making turban jokes

And his noggin'... You can see the missing chunk near the front..

UPDATE - JULY 10

It's been a rocky week so far. He's been a little fuzzy and has had trouble sleeping because of the meds. He was squeamish watching a movie last night as someone hacked at someone else with a machete. There's been positive moments and negative ones which is to be expected of course. I'm sad for him because I know he's happy to be alive but he was already self conscious and is now going to have a disfigurement. They switched him from the wrapped gauze bandages to a kind of mesh cap. We noticed that his one eyebrow is raised pretty significantly, which is from them having to stretch his skin on the side to try and repair the huge patch of missing scalp..So he had like a 1/2 facelift. He was here for a BBQ last night and wasn't as cheerful as he was on Sunday, but he's still in good spirits. He appreciates all the coments and well wishes from you ladies, so thank you for that!

He saw the Dr. today and they took him off the Oxy. After his appointment, he decided to go back home and give it a shot on his own. Until today, he was still staying with my Mum. She got him some new clothes and shoes and took care of him. I'm going over to his house today with a friend who owns a tow truck company to get his car unlocked and his spare keys out. We're hoping he can get back to normal and living life like before soon. Still can't believe this happened to him. :(

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookiePanda
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
5 moms liked this

Holy fucking christ.

Christy78
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Praying 

IansMommy2012
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM
holy shit
LectioDivina
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM

:(

my.sonshine
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
The hood don't play! That's really sad though. Very scary! Was this a random attack? Wrong place wrong time?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Prayers.

How scary. 

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Oh my!!! Praying for him!

Did they find the person?
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Wow, he'll be in my thoughts!

supermama322
by Kaylee on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Our hood is so so so bad. My husband is so upset. Our friend is probably one of the most undeserving people this could have happened to.

We're pretty sure random. The guy didn't rob him and I know our friend didn't provoke it. He was just walking home. He can't remember much though.

Quoting my.sonshine:

The hood don't play! That's really sad though. Very scary! Was this a random attack? Wrong place wrong time?

kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:50 PM

oh wow, scary! i hope he heals well, and injury like that i would be more concerned with cognitive issues then cosmetic ones! is there any brain damage?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN