Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

need to vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I feel so frustated. My husband is out of work and has been for the past year and a half, so I have been the only one earning money for that time. Which was well I was pregnant and then had our newborn baby, which we now have a beautiful, amazing little girl. I was actually ordered on bed rest well I was 39 weeks pregnant because my blood pressure was sky rocketing because I worked through my entire pregnancy, and although I was lucky that I could bring my baby to work I was back to work three weeks after I had her because we had no other income coming in. He is trying to set up something with job training, and I'm trying to be supportive, but I find when I feel overwhelmed with the baby, work and house work I feel pissed off at him. I feel like he should pick up all my slack, when I'm trying to juggle things I find I snap at him, I feel lilk since he's out of work he should be doing more around the house. I can't vent about money or he gets anxious, I can't get after him for not doing stuff around the house or he gets angry, I have no friends that I can vent too, I can't go to my family since they would just get angry at him and I feel so frustated with no where to vent. He does try sometimes, he does help with some things, I"km just really frustated and angry with how much extra I take on and no one to talk to about it
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
metalmomma86
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM
He might get angry but you need to tell him that you need him to pull his weight when it comes to housework. You are going to make yourself sick by being so stressed out all the time.
Make him a list if you need to. Whatever works. But his ass isn't working so he needs to contribute by helping out.
HappySquirrel
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
You have every right to be. My husband would be a total house wife and offer to keep the baby home on some days when he doesn't have any job stuff going on. Yours is being immature and selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
So sorry to hear what you're going through, if you want to vent more I'll listen...I know how you feel because I sometimes get frustrated and I also have no friends to vent to...
windsails
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM

i understand and would feel the same way, but why are you (or are you still) taking your baby with you to work? shouldn't he be watching the baby since he is not working? if he is getting training or more education to get a good or better job then good for him, but he should still be helping and doing more around the house until then and even after he does get a job he should still pitch in and make it 50/50 with the reponsibilities

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I'd love to have someone to talk too, and thanks everyone for your support. I feel bad because he does help some, like today he gave our baby a bath with me, he made the rice to go with dinner I made and he was in a really good mood all day, but then when I asked him to watch the baby so I could do dishes he got really cranky about it. He does help and like I said I feel bad because I feel like I'm doing 90% of the work and with him off and me looking after a newborn and working I feel like I shouldn't have too.

Quoting Anonymous:So sorry to hear what you're going through, if you want to vent more I'll listen...I know how you feel because I sometimes get frustrated and I also have no friends to vent to...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
He needs to sack up or you need to drop the dead weight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I love him though and its why I feel like I can't vent because I don't want to leave my husband but like I said I have no friends to talk too and I don't want my family all hating him. I just feel its unfair
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Well you have the right to vent and feel the way you do! He will get back on his feet soon so dont worry

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd love to have someone to talk too, and thanks everyone for your support. I feel bad because he does help some, like today he gave our baby a bath with me, he made the rice to go with dinner I made and he was in a really good mood all day, but then when I asked him to watch the baby so I could do dishes he got really cranky about it. He does help and like I said I feel bad because I feel like I'm doing 90% of the work and with him off and me looking after a newborn and working I feel like I shouldn't have too.

Quoting Anonymous:So sorry to hear what you're going through, if you want to vent more I'll listen...I know how you feel because I sometimes get frustrated and I also have no friends to vent to...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Thanks, that's what I keep reminding myself. When he goes back to work I won't be so worried over the budget and maybe be able to take some less hours at work. Its probably partly my fault, I'm from a family where the woman are old fashioned and wait on the men and its enstilled in me to want to wait on him but in the other relationships the man tales care of the job and the outside chores, etc. I'm taking on the duties of both and I have feel like I have little help anywhere.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I am a SAHM. I have this house freaking spotless. Our kid is well taken care off and I still have plenty of time to play online(or get a Job if that were  needed). I have a deep and profound sense of gratitude for all my husband provides. 

Your husband needs to be way More respectful of what you are doing for your household. You need to stand up and reclaim your self respect. If you do not now then you never will and he will always think its ok to treat you this way. 

Photo: -Randi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN