Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did you get your job??

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
  • 105 Replies

were you related to someone there?

stumble upon it and actually got hired?

a friend worked there and reccomended you?

online/ mail/ in person applied?

how did you find your current job? what is the job? and did you have prior experience (2-5 years +) or a degree in that field??

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Craigslist
Years of experience prior
Been here 2 months and absolutely HATE it :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommadana
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I applied online after hearing about it and interviewed for it. I had 5 years experience
CampClan
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I worked at McDonalds & my kids were at a daycare on one side of town when a co-worker told me about the center her girls went to (a sister center of mine) & how they were looking for a toddler teacher. She had just applied for & got a job there as the school age teacher. I had already applied for a job with the center my kids went to PLUS another sister center. Third time's a charm! I got the job & have been there for 6 years now!

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I popped a baby out:)

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I applied for it.

Not really direct experience but 20 years in similar field that utilizes a lot of the same skills.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

My last position working for someone else, I was recruited.   Someone in my field approached me when we were all at a funeral for an ACO that was murdered.  Said they had heard great things about me, and knew that I was looking for work in a different city.  I asked around about the guy and found out that he had a reputation for being a great person to work with. 

My current 'job' is something I made up myself, after noticing that it was a type of service that did not exist in my area, but wouold be popular.

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM

A friend had the job and was leaving the position. I deliver lunches for a caterer during the school year. No prior experience necessary. 

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I applied on careerbuilder, had seven phone interviews and one lunch interview, passed a background check and drug test.  you know, the old fashioned way.  lmao!

I am an administrative assistant, with 20 years of experience, no degree.

jesistar6910
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I went to college and recieved my BA in United States History with a minor in Secondary Education. I was a TA for 2 years at my old high school, and was then hired on to teach 10-12 grade US History. I hate it.

I thought I wanted to teach. I thought if I could do anything, teaching others would be very rewarding. I was wrong, I am not fulfilled. 

So, this past spring I applied to and was accepted into the nursing program. I started classes at the end of May, and am not going back to teach. 

4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Through a job agency.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)