Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how did you get your job??

Posted by   + Show Post

were you related to someone there?

stumble upon it and actually got hired?

a friend worked there and reccomended you?

online/ mail/ in person applied?

how did you find your current job? what is the job? and did you have prior experience (2-5 years +) or a degree in that field??

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Replies (101-105):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I was fresh out of college a friend who worked for the company told me they were hiring so I filled out an online application, went to a mass interview they were doing, passed three rounds of interview, got a condtional offer, had a background check conducted, passed the drug test, and BAM six years later I am still employed.

vindicated
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM

i just applied for a hospital registration job. i dont have hospital experience, but i basically do all the stuff daily, just in a different field. maybe ill get it?? lol

Quoting cshepard:

I'm a receptionist at a drs office. I applied, interviewed and got hired. I worked in a hospital in registration and as a secretary for 5 yrs together before this job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM

were you related to someone there? Yes

stumble upon it and actually got hired? No

a friend worked there and reccomended you? No

online/ mail/ in person applied? Didn't have to apply, just was expected to do the job (wasn't working at the time)

how did you find your current job? My parents bought a business and needed the help

what is the job? I run the office for my parents business

and did you have prior experience (2-5 years +) or a degree in that field?? I have had lots of office experience (at least 15 years)

CharmCityMommy
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I found a temp agency on Craigslist and emailed them my resume. They tested and interviewed me on Friday and I started my assignment on Monday. I was offered a permanent position at my assigned job after three months. I had several years experience. Meanwhile, I pet/house sat. My employers referred me. I had several years experience doing that too. Now I am doing somehing new. My best friend told me about an opportunity to help families. So, two years later I am a licensed independent life and health insurance agent! Plenty of admin experience, customer service, and a little sales experience but not in insurance.
cshepard
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Good luck! The hardest thing about registration is learning about all the diff kinds of insurance.

Quoting vindicated:

i just applied for a hospital registration job. i dont have hospital experience, but i basically do all the stuff daily, just in a different field. maybe ill get it?? lol

Quoting cshepard:

I'm a receptionist at a drs office. I applied, interviewed and got hired. I worked in a hospital in registration and as a secretary for 5 yrs together before this job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)