Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stupid laws... I love these

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

I love looking up dumb laws and these are in Nebraska.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Replies (51-58):
elliem87
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Mobile Photo

Iowa
elliem87
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Mobile Photo

Indiana
Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Not marrying with gonorrhea was law when I married the first time.  You were required to have a blood test for STDs  before marriage in order to get the license.  That ensured no one got an STD from their new spouse.  I'm not sure why that is stupid.

Quoting elliem87:

Mobile Photo

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Wouldn't surprise me. Here in NC, it's illegal for a man and woman to sleep in the same bed at a hotel or something like that lol.

Quoting B1Bomber:

My favorite ever is the one about how you can't tie an alligator to a fire hydrant. North Carolina, I think.

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I like the cocaine one. 'No, officer, it's real cocaine so it's not illegal.' Lol!

Quoting elliem87:

Mobile Photo

This is Arizona's

elliem87
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Because you can cure gonorrhea :)

Quoting Val99:

Not marrying with gonorrhea was law when I married the first time.  You were required to have a blood test for STDs  before marriage in order to get the license.  That ensured no one got an STD from their new spouse.  I'm not sure why that is stupid.

Quoting elliem87:

Mobile Photo

Val99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes, and they required you to do that BEFORE marrying some unsuspecting person.  Why is that bad?

Quoting elliem87:

Quoting Val99:

Quoting elliem87:

Mobile Photo

elliem87
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'm not saying it is.

This is suppose to be a fun post not for people to get upset about poking fun at a law.

Quoting Val99:

Yes, and they required you to do that BEFORE marrying some unsuspecting person.  Why is that bad?

Quoting elliem87:

Quoting Val99:

Quoting elliem87:

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)