Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So I'm kind of freaking out. ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this
Eta! We're good ladies. Well not perfect but his cell phone was dead and the truck broke down on the way home. He walked to a gas station and called me first. Then called his dad which made his dad grab his cell out of his golf bag. His dad saw my text after and called me. MIL didn't bring her cell because they were all going to be together!

Ok we'll a lot of garbage but when I got off the phone with FIL he was on his way to pickup dh and take home to meet the tow truck.

How often would you call or text in this situation and what would you do with no answer?

Dh went to play golf with his dad today. They tee'd of at 10am and played 18 holes. I know this takes a long time so I wasn't bothered when they weren't done till 430.

Talked to dh at 430 and he said they were going to hang and eat and he'd be home around the time dd would go to bed. That's 7 pm. Again no issue.

At 7 when he wasn't home I shot him a text asking eta because I would just keep dd up. No response. I followed up with another text at 730. Still no response. I called at 8 and when he didn't answer I texted his step mom asking if his dad was home.

I still haven't heard from any one and its 830. I am not normally paranoid but dh always keeps in contact. He'd let me know if they were running late or whatever.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to be psycho but I'm really getting worried.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natty31105
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Yikes, I hope everything is ok. I would call again, but thats just me

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I would text every half hour until I found something out. If it isn't his routine to ignore your texts then I totally understand your worry. keep us updated!

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Put dd to bed and try to relax. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. Do not jump to conclusions or get yourself all worked up. Do not continue to call but be patient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Thanks. Again I'm not normally neurotic and I am ok to go for a day or 2 without talking to him if I know that's the case it's just he said he'd be home, isn't home, and isn't answering.

Quoting natty31105:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Thanks. I will.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would text every half hour until I found something out. If it isn't his routine to ignore your texts then I totally understand your worry. keep us updated!

natty31105
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Totally understandable. I dont think you sound neurotic at all. Your worry is completely justified. Keep us posted!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. Again I'm not normally neurotic and I am ok to go for a day or 2 without talking to him if I know that's the case it's just he said he'd be home, isn't home, and isn't answering.

Quoting natty31105:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
I did at 8. This is just so weird for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Put dd to bed and try to relax. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation. Do not jump to conclusions or get yourself all worked up. Do not continue to call but be patient.

thatonemom2
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Thanks

Quoting natty31105:

Totally understandable. I dont think you sound neurotic at all. Your worry is completely justified. Keep us posted!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting natty31105:

Nynnie
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I'd try and calm down, put the baby to bed, and call every half hour til 10 at which point I'd be calling his parents til they answered
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN