Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He told my son his skin looked like dirt so i cussed at him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
BILs girlfriends son who is 11 told my 8 yr old DS his skin looked like dirt and he needed to wash it off because he was mad that my son wouldn't let him play with MY phone which he was using.
He said it in front of the whole family and his mother scolded him but later as we left I walked past him and mumbled "ya little shit" loud enough for him to hear and he stared me down. It was incredibly immature of me and I'm not sure what his mom will say to me when she finds out. This isn't the first time DS has been made fun of for his skin tone and I just snapped.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

So, basically, you felt two wrongs would make a right, so you called a child that name? Well, at least you showed which one of you was mature. That's the main thing.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM
You are going to have to toughen up and grow up!
His mom handled the issue, you were way out of line.
You get mad when a child reacts badly towards your son, but you are a grown woman being nasty to a child!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadiebug1228
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Is he biracial or aa? If u don't mind me asking.

Honestly I would've done the same thing. At 11 he should know better then to make fun of someone. At least someone he knows. I know kids can me mean but still. I've babysat biracial kids and they've told me some of the names they get called! I would smack some kids if I witnessed it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Good. What a little ass. Should have told the mother too.
BeachMommy07
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:39 AM

You should have spoken to the child who was being mean in a more mature manner. Secondly, I would limit my time with that child. 

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM
At thy age kids still act with emotions first. They DO know better however in the heat of the moment they still are going to say the thing tey know will hurt the other person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Yes he is Biracial but has very dark complexion. His features are what sets him apart and he gets made fun of alot for it. I still feel horrible though

Quoting sadiebug1228:

Is he biracial or aa? If u don't mind me asking.

Honestly I would've done the same thing. At 11 he should know better then to make fun of someone. At least someone he knows. I know kids can me mean but still. I've babysat biracial kids and they've told me some of the names they get called! I would smack some kids if I witnessed it!

zeenah
by Zarah on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:41 AM

what a disgusting thing for him to say. I knwo you were upset but lashing out at him would only make it worse...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Yes I agree. I acted like a child too. The way he said it was so cold and disturbing and just made me irate

Quoting Retrokitty:

At thy age kids still act with emotions first. They DO know better however in the heat of the moment they still are going to say the thing tey know will hurt the other person.

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Don't blame ya.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)