Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have been formula feeding ds for 5yrs!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yup! Ds just turned 5 and is still on formula! Oh he eats regular food too, but I can't take him off formula. It has too many good nutrients in it for him that his body needs!

This is true. But my ds is fed formula via a feeding tube. He has a lot of food allergies requiring he be on a special hypoallergenic formula. He eats some regular food but not enough to sustain himself. He gets 100% of his needed nutrition from formula and any foods he eats is just bonus calories/nutrients for him. He's on his feeding tube 24hrs a day. I'm a mom grateful for formula. It's what keeps my son alive.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:08 AM

sigh, he gets nutrition from other foods he doesn't need the formula... What he going to be 18 and you still giving him formula?! You are crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Lol, its apparent you didn't read the post. And due to the disease they believe he has, he could very well be on a formula at 18 if he lives that long

Quoting Anonymous:

sigh, he gets nutrition from other foods he doesn't need the formula... What he going to be 18 and you still giving him formula?! You are crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:18 AM

You're right, the post was not interesting enough to keep my attention. Therefore, I only read the title and like 2 sentences. Post needs a better title or opening sentence that grasps the audience's attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, its apparent you didn't read the post. And due to the disease they believe he has, he could very well be on a formula at 18 if he lives that long

Quoting Anonymous:

ProudMommaBear
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh go get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're right, the post was not interesting enough to keep my attention. Therefore, I only read the title and like 2 sentences. Post needs a better title or opening sentence that grasps the audience's attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Meh

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ali32
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:21 AM

How much does he weigh? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
He weighs 40lbs now

Quoting Ali32:

How much does he weigh? 

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Donate it. Food bank. Shelter. Hospital

Quoting RiotousDigits:

many brands don't have an unflavored variety.  

before he died, my husband was on vanilla formula.  I still have almost 3 cases and have no idea what to do with it.

Quoting wolfybaby:

totally random question, but why is he using a flavored formula if he has a feeding tube? is there not too much sugar in the flavored kinds?

Quoting Anonymous:

Elecare Jr. Vanilla

My mom got a gtube too but hers is to decompress her stomach. She has cancer and the tumors are strangling her gi tract. Totally sucks. But my son and her are "bonding" over it. He thinks its neat they match.

Quoting FlyingHottie:

I take care of my moms feeding tube during the week. 

What formula is he on?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:30 AM

In reply to the bitch above you said he could be on formula at age 18.... If he makes it that long. Wow that's so hard to hear, I can't imagine what it's like to be in your shoes.

does he have other problems in addition to the allergies? Is he mentally or physically challenged? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
It apparently did get attention, she got quite a few replies and you still took your damn time to type a reply. Grow the fuck up, you sound like a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)