Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have been formula feeding ds for 5yrs!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yup! Ds just turned 5 and is still on formula! Oh he eats regular food too, but I can't take him off formula. It has too many good nutrients in it for him that his body needs!

This is true. But my ds is fed formula via a feeding tube. He has a lot of food allergies requiring he be on a special hypoallergenic formula. He eats some regular food but not enough to sustain himself. He gets 100% of his needed nutrition from formula and any foods he eats is just bonus calories/nutrients for him. He's on his feeding tube 24hrs a day. I'm a mom grateful for formula. It's what keeps my son alive.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (61-64):
JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I am sorry momma. Glad that you have the formula and that option! Any hopes of him eating more regularly some day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Yes!!! In fact he has started eating a ton more this summer! As long as his growth is good, I'm hoping the gi and nutritionist will lower his formula calories (normal formula is 20kcal/oz, ds is on 26kcal/oz). Lowering the formula calories is the beginning of weaning him off the formula

Quoting JamesMom714:

I am sorry momma. Glad that you have the formula and that option! Any hopes of him eating more regularly some day?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
This is awesome. They match. What an adorable and healthy perspective for him to have!

Quoting Anonymous:

Elecare Jr. Vanilla

My mom got a gtube too but hers is to decompress her stomach. She has cancer and the tumors are strangling her gi tract. Totally sucks. But my son and her are "bonding" over it. He thinks its neat they match.

Quoting FlyingHottie:

I take care of my moms feeding tube during the week. 

What formula is he on?

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Whatever works best for your child...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)