Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what really pisses me off about owning property in the country??

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

People seem to think its totally acceptable to drop off their unwanted and unaltered pets for everyone else to take care of.............seriously!!!!! This weekend we went to our 10 acers where there is now another new dog, and he is freaking beautiful and such a sweetheart!! However this dog is not nuetered.......not ok considering the female that visits us also isn't fixed, nor is she nursing her 8 week old pups anymore. This male has seemed to make himself comfortable under our trailer, and he follows the female around like he "owns" her.......the only good thing about these dogs that nobody wants is they aren't aggressive. I feel bad for the male because he cowers when you pet him, its like he has been abused......its so sad......any how here is a picture, the black dog is a neighbors dog and she is fixed, the brindle is the other female and she isn't fixed.

here is a close up of the new dog, he is so pretty!!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Can you take them to the shelter?

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Truth be told, this new dog could very possibly find a new home somewhere in the neighborhood, both the black dog and the brindle showed up together, and since the black dog was just a puppy when she showed up she found a home easily........the brindle dog me and my dh are going to take in when we move to our property, we also took two of her puppies and are caring for them, we provide the food for the mother and the neighbor feeds her....we will be taking her very soon to get fixed and get her her shots and make sure she is healthy and what not........this so far is if the 10th dog that has been seen on our property, only two of the dogs are "homeless"....the rest of the dogs are outside dogs and allowed to roam. I would hate to call the animal control on someone's pet, but it would serve them right.....I just don't know if we would have to pay to "surrender" these dogs even though they are not ours but on our property, our city has some stupid laws.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you take them to the shelter?

miraclemom20821
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Looks like a pitt mix and let me tell ya I rescued one that was about to be killed he was about 3 months old well DH rescued him we had been told I would never conceive a child 2 weeks before Valentines Day So on VD he brings home this pup that was gonna be killed with a ribbon he was white and brown. Best dog ever- he was wonderful guard dog oh and by the way that May I conceived our DD - the dog was raised with her. He passed away 2 years ago of bone cancer but was an incredible dog. I have a poodle now  long story. him I put in his house when company comes because he is aggressive and is uneasy around small people. We saved him to, along with 2 cats. so I understand all my animals are fixed even if they are indoors. Most counties offer once a year free programs to spay or neuter animals so what are peoples problems? He is beautiful dog! I hope you can find homes for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Yes. People just drop off their fixed pets in peoples yards as not avoid getting other strays pregnant...
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM

do you want him?? lol, he is so sweet, and so far awesome around adults and kids, even small kids, and other dogs too, great temperment from what we can tell so far.....Rescues are awesome dogs too. I hope he finds a good home or at least one that won't dump him off again.

Quoting miraclemom20821:

Looks like a pitt mix and let me tell ya I rescued one that was about to be killed he was about 3 months old well DH rescued him we had been told I would never conceive a child 2 weeks before Valentines Day So on VD he brings home this pup that was gonna be killed with a ribbon he was white and brown. Best dog ever- he was wonderful guard dog oh and by the way that May I conceived our DD - the dog was raised with her. He passed away 2 years ago of bone cancer but was an incredible dog. I have a poodle now  long story. him I put in his house when company comes because he is aggressive and is uneasy around small people. We saved him to, along with 2 cats. so I understand all my animals are fixed even if they are indoors. Most counties offer once a year free programs to spay or neuter animals so what are peoples problems? He is beautiful dog! I hope you can find homes for them.

NEMommaOf3
by Give Thanks on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Oh he's gorgeous!! You don't live in Maine by any chance, do ya? I'd take him in a hot minute!

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

none of the dogs that get dropped off here have been fixed......that is what pisses me off, its not my responsibility to fix someones unwanted pet so they don't knock up the next unwanted dog that comes along.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. People just drop off their fixed pets in peoples yards as not avoid getting other strays pregnant...

rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Nuts, no we are in Texas! He really is gorgeous isn't he?? I don't understand why anyone whould just throw him out.

Quoting NEMommaOf3:

Oh he's gorgeous!! You don't live in Maine by any chance, do ya? I'd take him in a hot minute!

NEMommaOf3
by Give Thanks on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Awwww shucks!! He is beautiful. People that treat animals as disposable make me absolutely sick

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Nuts, no we are in Texas! He really is gorgeous isn't he?? I don't understand why anyone whould just throw him out.

Quoting NEMommaOf3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Know what pisses me off about owning ten acres of country property?

Not a thing.  Beautiful dogs though. Someone should be interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN